Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Geophysicist, Seismic Observer, Marine Geophysicist, NIO Karachi Pakistan - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment?
Masters in Geophysics Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: Canada, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Kuwait, Malaysia, Pakistan, Singapore, Spain, Ukraine Present Location: Pakistan, Karachi Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
Your advertisement for the above position has interested me very much and I would like to apply.
I have been working as a Geophysicist in the National Institute of Oceanography Karachi since October, 2005. In my present position I am responsible for research and interpretation of Seismic data. I am performing my duties here by using different softwares like Landmark Seisvision, GEOGRAPHIX, Caris LOTS and ArcGIS, Surfer, Global Mapper etc.
I have also participated different offshore seismic cruises and bathymetric cruise.
With my proven ability to manage and maintain seismic work, I feel that I would be able to make a significant contribution to any company’s management team.
waiting for your early response
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
Present job and activities as “Marine Geophysicist” at NIO Karachi Pakistan from October 2005 to till now.
1. GeoGraphix (Land Mark software for seismic 2D/3D interpretation and management system) certified from LMKR.
2. Have basic command on SeisVision, GESExplorer and WellBase in Geographix software.
3. Have excellent command on CARIS LOTS Software (software for Law of the Sea).
4. Preparation of GIS of commercial activities of commercial along offshore Pakistan while using ArcGIS, MapInfo and Global Mapper.
1. Reviewing of previous Geological & Geophysical Data on going national interest project “survey for the Established continental Shelf Project of Pakistan in accordance with CLCS-11 and provisions of article 76 of UNCLOS-82. Sequence Stratigraphy, sediment Thickness calculation.
2. Preparation of claim and “survey for the Established continental Shelf Project of Pakistan in accordance with CLCS-11 and provisions of article 76 of UNCLOS-82. 12 Nm Boundary, 24Nm Boundary, EEZ Boundary and final outer limit for the claim.
3. Tieing up of geophysical data with geological data W.R.T well data.
4. Marking of target horizons with the help of geological & geophysical data.
5. Preparation of depth structure maps and calculation of sediment thickness.
6.. Also participate in different offshore seismic or scientific cruises.
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
PROFESSIONAL TRAININGS AND COURSES
1. GeoGraphix (Land Mark software) certified from LMK Resources Islamabad.
2. Training on seismic data processing by using ProMax at LMK Resources Islamabad.
3. Training on Satellite Imagery Processing by using software ER Mapper 7.01.
4. Training from OGDCL of Pakistan in Basic Concepts of Seismic Data Interpretation.
5. Also have experience in different Geological and Geophysical Software like Surfer, Global Mapper, Map Mapper, Map info, Arc GIS and CARIS GIS etc.
6. Nowadays working on Data Processing software VISTA by GEDCO Canada.
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
• Two Year Diploma of Computer Science in Software Technology.
• Have excellent knowledge of MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel and MS Power point)
• Intermediate knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Corel Draw.
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
Geophysical softwares. Seisvision, Caris Lots, Global Mapper, Arc GIS,
Basic knowledge of ProMax, Vista (Seismic Data Processing software)
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
1. Participate in Bathymetric survey for the establishment of continental shelf of Pakistan project from October 06, 2006 to November 10, 2006 on French vessel Le Suroit of IFREMER.
2. Participate seismic acquisition survey in Indus Delta A on M/V Geomariner December 2006 to January 2007. The survey was conducted by OGDCL of Pakistan and the contractor was Sea Bird Exploration.
3. Participate seismic acquisition survey in Indus Delta on R/V GeoBaltic from October-November 2007. The survey was conducted by ENI of Pakistan and the contractor was Fugro GeoTeam .