Location (Residence): portsmouth, United Kingdom Citizenship:United Kingdom
English United Kingdom Other:
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Bachelors in Electronic and Computer Engineering Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: European Union, UK (in particular), Australia, New Zealand Present Location: England, Portsmouth Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
I am currently looking for offshore work in the Oil/Gas industry as I not only feel I would be suited to the role, but would enjoy the challenges of this working enviroment
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
March 2007 – Present: Hydroco, Havant.
• Engineer involved in the digital modelling and calibration of water networks. My role requires me to create and maintain engineering documents and spreadsheets – generally with MS Excel, as well as field testing, installing pressure loggers and recording / verifying data.
August 2006 – March 2007: Bar Risa: Gunwharf, Portsmouth.
• Employed as bar tender.
March 2006 – June 2006: Beaumont Constructions, Brisbane.
• Employed as labourer for a large house renovation including roofing, concreting, steel fixing, electrical wiring and data cabling.
Nov 2005 – March 2006: Paspaley Pearls, Darwin.
• Deckhand on pearl farm, cleaning shells and general deckhand duties.
April 2005 - Sept 2005: TNT, Brisbane.
• Employed as dockhand through Addecco, duties included unloading/loading containers, scanning freight.
October 2004 - March 2005: Bunk Brisbane, Brisbane.
• Employed as driver/labourer/general hand.
August 2003 – Feb 2004: Symbios Group Fareham, Hampshire.
• Employed originally for short term contract updating a number of websites and as helpdesk support, then continued employment as website developer, where I learnt further about website structure and design.
2001 – 2002 (Seasonal) Tiger Tiger Bar/Restaurant, Portsmouth, Hampshire.
• Employed as barman in busy atmosphere. This encouraged me to work proactively as a member of a team, develop customer relationship skills and be quick to respond in many situations.
Sept 1999 – Sept 2000: Speakeasy UK International, Fareham, Hampshire.
• Employed as company secretary during my gap year, I was responsible for taking orders over the phone and via the internet. My duties also included construction of electronic goods as well as packing and quality testing.
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
Sept 2000 – June 2003:
Nottingham University, Nottingham.
• BEng Electronic and Computer Engineering
• Public Speaking/Presentation, Project Management, Understanding of Management Strategy, Team Building/Management.
Final Year Project:
• Dispersive and Non-Linear Properties of Single Mode, Step Index Optical Fibers; The idea behind this project was to use Matlab software to model optical fibers used in industry today so their dispersive characteristics could accurately be calculated. From this I gained knowledge of Matlab software as well as the ability to manage my time and work to my own deadlines.
Sept 1992 – June 1999:
Portsmouth Grammar School, Portsmouth, Hants.
‘A’ Levels Maths (C), Physics (B), Electronics (B)
GCSEs Nine (4 A’s, 4 B’s, 1 C)
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
• Windows 95/98/2000/NT/XP/Vista.
• Working knowledge of MS Office products including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint applications.
• Experience of Programming in C, C++, HTML, Java, Matlab.
• Use of Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Macromedia Fireworks Software.
• Knowledge of Infoworks water modelling software.
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
Experience of painting, labouring. Also working at sea for Paspaley Pearls in Australia.
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
Also interested in golf, fishing. I am a gym member and also attend kickboxing classes.