CV 18+ Years IT and Telecommunications Infrastructure Experience
18+ Years IT and Telecommunications Infrastructure Experience
Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in 18+ Years IT and Telecommunications Infrastructure Experience - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment?
Location (Residence): Cape Town, South Africa Citizenship:South Africa
English South Africa Other:
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Bachelors in Electronics Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: South Africa Present Location: South Africa, Cape Town Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
16+ Years IT and Telecommunications Infrastructure Experience with advanced expertise in Technical, Management and Service roles.
• Positions Held – IT Helpdesk Manager; Technical Call Center Manager; Project Administrator; Technical Consultant; Team Leader/Radio Operator.
• Employers – Department of Environmental Affairs and Tourism (SANAP); City of Cape Town; Dimension Data; SA Revenue Services; Old Mutual; Getronics; Foschini Data; Persetel Networks (Comparex) deployed at Clients such as Shell Oil, Sanlam, Pick 'n Pay, SA Police Services, Caltex, Rothmans, Toyota Marketing, SANTAM, National Parks Board.
• Qualifications – National Diploma in Electronic Engineering.
• Skills Summary – People Management; Project Administration; IT Infrastructure Management; Service Management; Implementing Service Environments.
"...excellent leadership skills and organising ability ... tenacity to accomplish ... friendliness and willingness to assist."
— Commendation Extract, Terry Murphy, Service Centre Manager
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
TEAM LEADER, South African National Antarctic Program – Marion Island, 2007 – 2008
Activity Included: All It related communication• Satellite telephony system • HF and VHF radio communication • Staff assessments • Helicopter operations • Stock orders and replenishment • Repairs of everything of an electronic nature and IT infrastructure.
•HELPDESK MANAGER, On the Dot Distribution, 2006
•CALL CENTRE MANAGER, City of Cape Town, 2005
•IT INFRASTURCTURE SPECIALIST, Dimension Data, 2003/4
•PROJECT Administrator, SA Revenue Services; ETA/Sub-Urban Audio Visual Installations, 2002/3
•TECHNICAL CONSULTANT, Old Mutual (contracting via SBS Technologies), 2002
•TECHNICAL SPECIALIST, Getronics, 2000/1
•NETWORK ANALYST, Foschini Data, 2000
•NETWORK ENGINEER, Persetel Networks (Comparex/Business Connexion), 1996 to 1999
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
National Diploma in Electrical Engineering (Light Current), Pretoria Technikon, 1989
Digital Systems; Electronics; Radio Engineering; Television; Mathematics.
Industrial Technology; Programming; Telecommunications; Radar; Electrical Engineering.
IT Infrastructure Technical Courses
Cisco Internetworking Troubleshooting; Cisco Advanced Router Configuration.
Installation and Maintenance of Cisco Routers; Cisco Router Configuration.
Network General Sniffer; 3Com Switch; Apertus DataStar Gateway.
Matric, Centurion, 1987
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
•NATIONAL COORDINATOR, Telkom SA, 1991 to 1995
Operating in the Transmission Network Management division - coordinating all regions from Head Office regarding Transmission desktop and Network environments. This involved extensive traveling countrywide to where Transmission planning offices were situated.
•TELECOMMUNICATIONS ENGINEER, Telkom SA (then Dept of Posts and Telecom), 1990/1
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
Welding / Lathe work
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]