|Drilling & Completion Fluids Manager, Specialist, Coordinator
Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Drilling & Completion Fluids Manager, Specialist, Coordinator - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment? Please contact us OR search for another relevant oil CV/Resume in our impressive oil industry database
CV/Resume ID no.:
|Location (Residence): Pendeen , United Kingdom
Citizenship: United Kingdom
English United Kingdom
|Education & Experience:
||Work Authorization & Relocation:
Bachelors in Combined Science
Years of Experience:
|Authorized to work in:
European Union, UK (in particular), United States, Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Andorra, Angola, Anguilla, Antarctica, Antigua & Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Botswana, Bouvet Island, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Central African Rep., Chad, Chile, China, Christmas Island, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Congo, Dem. Rep., Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cote D'ivoire, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Rep., Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Rep., Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Faroe Islands, Fiji, Finland, France, French Guiana, French Polynesia, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guam, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Islamic Rep. of, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Dem. Rep., Korea, (South), Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lao, Dem. Rep., Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libyan Arab Jama., Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao, Macedonia, FYR, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Martinique, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, Netherlands Antilles, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, Norfolk Island, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Pitcairn, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Reunion, Romania, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Samoa, San Marino, Sao Tome & Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia & Montenegro, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Svalbard, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Syrian Arab Rep., Taiwan, POC, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor (East), Togo, Tokelau, Tonga, Trinidad & Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Virgin Islands, British, Virgin Islands, U.S., Wallis & Futuna, Western Sahara, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
|1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
I am looking to obtain a family posting where I can put my thirteen years of office experience and twelve years of field experience to good use, running and co-ordinating fluids and solids control for a major operator. I want to work in a team environment, where my extensive fluids knowledge and training along with environmental awareness, engineering, management and teamwork skills can be put to good use helping run multi-well operations or large scale development projects. I am fully conversant with the latest developments in drilling and completion fluids and solids control and have a good technical and practical background in fluids engineering due to my extensive office and offshore knowledge. I feel that my experience, attitude towards work, drive and commitment could be an asset to any company with similarly high ambitions, and am sure, given the opportunity, that I can do a very good job and add value to your organisation given the opportunity.
|2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
• Honours degree graduate from Plymouth University.
• Twenty-five years experience including twenty-three years in drilling & completion fluids & two years geological knowledge.
• Thirteen years consulting experience working in a management role in the office, directly for the operator.
• Twelve years rig based field experience.
• Worked offshore, onshore & in the office in oil & gas exploration & development in the North Sea, Europe and Asia.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:-
• Well planning for drilling fluids, completion fluids & cementing.
• Daily monitoring & problem solving for all fluids related issues.
• Scope of work & tender writing.
• Technical & commercial evaluation of tenders.
• Drilling & completion fluid programme writing.
• Engineering issues.
• Rig Assessments (Fluids & Solids Control issues).
• Solids Control.
• Building, control and operating of onshore mud plants.
• Environmental impact assessment & environmental compliance work.
Previous companies worked for as a fluids specialist/manager in the office:-
• Mobil North Sea (Exploration and Development work).
• Shell India Production and Development (Exploration work).
• Shell Bangladesh Production and Development (Exploration work).
• Cairn Energy India pty Limited (Exploration and Development work).
• Cairn Energy Bangladesh (Exploration and Development work).
• Reliance Industries Limited Petroleum Business (E&P) (Exploration and Development work).
Team Leader / Manager - Drilling & Completion Fluids Group April 2002 – December 2008
Reliance Industries Limited Petroleum Business (E&P), Reliance Corporate Park, Building 5, 1st Floor, A-
Wing, Ghansoli, Thane-Belapur Road, Navi Mumbai - 400 701, India.
• This is a challenging job, as Reliance Industries Limited, although a very large company, have only just diverged into the oil & gas business and this was their first project.
• Primary role was as general manager to set up and run the fluids group within the company.
• Design and implementation of all drilling and completion fluids programmes for development & exploration wells.
• Responsible for all fluids matters on the multi billon dollar deepwater development oil & gas fields.
• Extensive deepwater drilling operations with water depths down to 2514 metres, using deepwater drill-ships.
• Responsible for all solids control matters and waste management issues.
• Involved in daily operations and engineering meetings as well as being in charge of all other fluids related operational issues.
• Involved with the setting up of a 15,000 bbl mud plant in Kakinada shore base (eastern India) and smaller mud plants elsewhere in India, including the 5000 bbls plant at Pipavav on the west coast of India and 14,500 bbl plant at Visag (eastern India).
• Responsible for well-bore clean up fluids, clean up assemblies and filtration equipment.
• Help design formation damage studies for reservoir core samples compatibility with drilling and completion fluids.
• Prepare scopes of work and tender documents and evaluate the same for awards of contracts relating to fluids, solids control and well-bore clean up issues.
• Responsible for all QHSE and environmental issues regarding drilling and completion fluids.
• Involved on a daily basis with all operational issues relating to cementing on all rigs.
• Organise storage, transportation and mixing of products at our various warehouses and mud plants.
• Monitor and maintain a suitable report writing and documentation programme.
Drilling Fluids Specialist April 2000 – April 2002
Cairn Energy India Pty Limited, Wellington Plaza, 3rd Floor, 90 Anna Salai, Chennai - 600 002, India.
• Responsible for all the drilling fluids and solids control matters for the entire five block operation.
• Wrote all the drilling fluids programmes, end of well reports and end of project reports.
• Involved in the well engineering work, with the drilling engineering team, for all the wells drilled.
• Extensive deepwater work (1200 metres water depth).
• Land well operations in Rajasthan.
• Involved in environmental clearance and EIA data as well as solids control and drilling fluids services.
• Tender writing and technical and commercial evaluations of tenders.
• Design of the land rig lease to help incorporate all solids control, waste management and fluid related issues.
Drilling Fluids Specialist September 1999 – September 2000
Shell Bangladesh Exploration and Development B.V, IDB Bhaban, E-8/A Rokeya Sharani, Sher-e-Bangla Nagar, Dhakar-1207, Bangladesh.
• Consultant lead engineer employed whilst drilling this high temperature/high pressure, deep appraisal well.
• The well was situated offshore Chittagong, in the Bay of Bengal, south-east Bangladesh.
• Drilled using entirely water-based mud, with only environmentally acceptable mud chemicals being used.
• The final mud weight achieved was 18.7 ppg.
• Responsible for writing the end of well drilling fluids report for the well.
• When not on the rig, most of my time was spent in the Shell office in Dhaka writing mud programmes for future wells to be drilled by Shell Bangladesh Exploration and Development including the Sandwip #1 well.
• from April 2000 I was shared between Shell Bangladesh Exploration and Development BV and Cairn Energy India pty limited, based in one or other of the company offices.
Drilling Fluids Specialist April 1999 – September 1999
Shell India Production Development B.V. Middle Circle, Rajeev Chowk, New Delhi, India.
• Consultant on well planning for the Guda #2 land-well to be drilled in the Thar desert, Rajasthan, north-west India.
• Brought in due to serious fluids related issues on the Guda #1 well previously drilled.
• Primarily responsible for the drilling fluids programme.
• Worked in the office, although I regularly visited the rig-site, to monitor the daily drilling fluids aspects of the operation and advise the office and site operations teams when required.
• The work was entirely with water based mud, with only environmentally acceptable mud chemicals being used.
Drilling Fluids Superintendent August 1998 – April 1999
Cairn Energy PLC. 50 Lothian Road, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH3 9BY.
• Consultant on well planning for three high-temperature/high pressure wells to be drilled in the Bay of Bengal.
• Primarily responsible for formulating and writing the drilling fluids programmes for the wells.
• Involved in most aspects of the well design.
• Wrote tenders for drilling fluids chemicals and services and solids control equipment.
• Carried out technical and commercial evaluations of these tenders.
Senior Drilling Fluids Engineer January 1996 – August 1998
Cairn Energy plc, 50 Lothian Road, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH3 9BY.
• Planning a number of wells to be drilled by Cairn Energy PLC in Bangladesh with mud weights in excess of 18.0 ppg
• Consultant senior drilling fluids engineer on the HTHP Halada #1 land-well in the Chittagong area Bangladesh.
• Worked entirely with water based mud, with only environmentally acceptable mud chemicals being used.
• Strong emphasis on the environmental control of waste products.
• Mud flocculation system used to cut out the disposal of whole mud and only allow disposal of treated water.
• Partly responsible for the writing of the end of well report for the Halda #1 well.
Drilling Fluids Engineer / Senior Drilling Fluids Engineer May 1986 – January 1996
BW Mud Group plc, Abbotswell Road, West Tullos, Aberdeen, Scotland.
• Positioned almost entirely with Mobil North Sea Ltd.
• Five years onboard the Beryl Alpha Platform working as their senior drilling fluids engineer.
• The work was with both, water based and oil based mud in approximately equal quantities.
• In charge of many environmental issues and managed all the solids control equipment and cuttings removal system, for the collection and return to shore of all oil based mud covered cuttings and solids.
• I was responsible for the zero discharge policy.
• Worked extensively in both the Southern Gas Basin and the Northern Fields of North Sea.
• Worked on a number of completion and work-over operations, both designing and implementing the programmes.
• Worked for British Gas, BP, Fina, NAM, Ranger Oil and Shell Expro in the North Sea for short periods.
Unit Supervisor February 1984 – May 1986
Gearhart Geodata Ltd, Howe Moss Drive, Kirkhill Industrial Estate, Dyce, Aberdeen, Scotland.
• Initially worked as a mud logger and after one year the unit manager in charge of a crew of eight.
• Dealt with the analysis and interpretation of geological data and samples, technical drawing and the monitoring of drilling, engineering and safety parameters.
• Responsible for communicating with, and report writing for, the management team on the rig, as well as communicating with the office of the oil company in town.
DRILLING FLUIDS SYSTEMS USED
Low Toxicity Oil Based Mud Workover & Completion Brines (all types)
Synthetic/Pseudo Oil Based Mud KCl / PHPA / PAC Polymer / Glycol Mud
Guar Gum Spud Mud Salt Saturated Polymer Mud
Bentonite Spud Mud PHPA Gunk Pills
Gel Polymer Mud Hydrate Inhibitive WBM for Deepwater Work
PHPA / Polymer Mud Bridgesal Plus / Plugsal Sized Salt
KCl / PHPA / PAC Polymer Mud Bentonite / Starch / PAC Polymer Mud
High Temperature Dispersed Mud Dispersed Gel / CMC Lignosuphonate Mud
Glycol Enhanced Mud Extended Bentonite Milling Fluid
HTHP Mud (Envirotherm – water based) KCl & NaCl Polymer Muds
Non Invasive Fluids (sized CaCO3) Potassium Carbonate Mud
SBM Reservoir Drill-in Fluids WBM Drill-in Fluids
SBM Open Hole Gravel Pack Fluids Formate Mud Systems (Potassium & Sodium Formate)
Partial & Total Loss of Circulation Solids Contamination
H2S / H20 Influxes Reactive & Dispersive Clays
Hydrate Issues – inc In Situ Gas Hydrates Gas / Water / Oil Kicks
Differential & Mechanical Sticking Narrow Fracture Gradient/Pore Pressure Window
Shallow Water & Magnesium Brine Flows Well-bore Ballooning
Bit Balling Tectonic Stress Problems
Pressure Related Cavings Underground Blow-out
Sloughing Shales Underground Cross-flow
High Temperatures & Pressures Squeezing Salt
Carbonate Contamination Coal Seams
Drilling Tight Reservoir Sands Washouts in Loose Reservoir Sands
Formation Damage Issues Well-bore Instability Issues
Hole Cleaning in Horizontal Wells Mud & Cement Interface Issues
Managed Pressure Drilling Floating Mud Cap Drilling
RIG TYPES WORKED
Jack up: Many different rigs.
Jack up - 15K: A number of different rigs in Europe & Asia.
Mat Supported Jack Up: East coast of India 2002 – 2003.
Semi Submersible: Many different rigs – Until 2008.
Semi Submersible - Deepwater: Many different rigs – 2001 – 2008.
Drill-ship: Deepwater work in India 2002 – 2008.
Drill-ship - 5th Generation: Deepwater work in India June 2006 onwards.
Land Rig: Many different rigs
WELL TYPES WORKED
Vertical Wells Ultra Deepwater Wells (>2500 m water depth)
Horizontal Wells Deepwater Wells (1000 m - 2500 m water depth)
High Pressure Wells HTHP Wells
Completions (various) Shallow Angle Wells
High Temperature Wells Well Testing
High Angle / deep reach Wells Work-over Wells
Deepwater Development (Gas Fields & Oil Fields) Well Bore Clean Up
|3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
Plymouth University, Drakes Circus, Plymouth, Devon, England
BSc (Honours) Degree – Combined Science
Hinchingbrooke Comprehensive School, Brampton Raod, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, England
‘A’ Levels: English, Geography & Geology
‘O’ Levels: Chemistry, Physics, Maths, Environmental Science, English, Geography, Geology, History and Use of English Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme: Bronze, Silver and Gold awards
RGIT Offshore Fire-fighting and Survival: 30/06/2004
First Aid & Medical Care: 30/06/2004
Basic Drilling Fluids Course: May 1986
H2S Awareness Course: June 2008 (Rutledge)
Stuck Pipe Course: July 2000 (Randy Smith)
HTHP Course: January 2003 (Aberdeen Drilling Schools)
Formation Damage Course: February 2006 (Hycal Energy Research Laboratories)
|4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
Literate in most computer basic programmes both IBM and Apple.
|5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
Good Team Player
Extensive Drilling Engineering Knowledge
|6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]