CV Electrical Technician Offshore on the Shell Platform Sole Pit Clipper
Electrical Technician Offshore on the Shell Platform Sole Pit Clipper
Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Electrical Technician Offshore on the Shell Platform Sole Pit Clipper - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment?
Location (Residence): Durham, United Kingdom Citizenship:United Kingdom
English United Kingdom Other:
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Vocational in Electrical Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: European Union Present Location: England, Durham Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time and looking over my CV. Here is an insight into my experiences and aspirations.
I am a fully qualified and experienced electrician with a view to further my career in the Oil and Gas Industry. I am keen to undertake additional training and gain more knowledge and experience at every opportunity.
I have worked in many areas of the world and undertaken many different roles from hands on to supervisor positions. I have excellent communication skills and I am considered an asset to the team. My attitude is unquestioned and I always give full commitment to the work in hand.
My current position is that of lead offshore Electrical Technician where I undertake many tasks including, electrical testing, Ex. inspections, installations, maintenance and fault finding. I have a very good understanding of SAP and the permit to work system ISSOW, working with them on a daily basis. I am also a supporter of safety and environmental issues promoting them in my daily routine either at work or in my home life.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
DGJ Consultancy Ltd. June 2008-Present.
Employed as an Electrical Technician offshore, continuing the same duties as previously employed for Amec.
AMEC February 2007 - Present.
Employed as an Electrical Technician offshore on the Shell Platform “Sole Pit Clipper”.
Maintaining and Installing: -
• Motors, pumps and controls circuits associated with the Platform.
• UPS, generator, fire pump battery sets.
• Visual alarms and P.A. Speakers
• HVAC Fans, Dampers and controls
• Ex. Inspection and testing in Hazardous and Non - Hazardous areas.
• Fault finding on control systems with the aid of electrical drawings.
• Working alongside Control Room Operators checking Ex. integrity, functioning and indication of instrumental and electrical equipment
• Working as a member of the maintenance team over shutdown periods.
• Competent Electrical Person C. Performing electrical isolations and Live testing in accordance with Shell Electrical safety Rules.
• Daily using and having a very good understanding of SAP and the permit to work system ISSOW.
Self-Employed 2002 – 2007
Relocated in Southern Spain, setting up a company as an Electrical Contractor. Working for various established companies performing works such as,
Test and Inspection, the installation and maintenance of control panels, pump sets, motors including control gear and generators.
Tomlinson and Longstaff Ltd. 1998 – 2002
Approved electrician performing various electrical works including: -
• The design and installation of industrial 3 phase extraction systems, including all tray / rack work, cabling, glanding and terminations.
• Monitoring and maintaining 2 x 4 MW turbine generators used to power an industrial estate with surplus power being transferred back to the grid.
• Installation of Power Factor Correction units.
• The installation, commissioning and testing of fire alarm systems.
• Electrical Test and Inspection of various installations
HM Forces (Royal Engineers) 1989 – 1998
Supervised electricians on various tasks whilst in the former Republic of Yugoslavia including: -
• Installation of bulk petroleum storage systems within partial hazardous locations.
• Installation and maintenance of generator sets providing power and lighting to accommodation units and offices
• Installation of mat earthing systems for ammunition compounds
Training received and works performed on airfield ground lighting systems.
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
IRATA Rope Access level 1 2008
Escape harness training 2007
First Aid / Electrical Shock training. 2007
Electrical Safety Rules (SHELL) 2007
COMPEX Hazardous Areas 2006
OPITO Green Hand Training 2006
OPITO Offshore Survival Exp. 2010
U.K.O.O.A. Medical Exp. 2009
ISSOW: - Performing Authority.
Isolation Authority Electrical.
City and Guilds:
2391 Electrical Test and Inspection 2000
Security Systems (advanced) 1997
General Construction Work 1996
CEI 16th Edition IEE Regulations 1994
236 Electrical Installations parts 1 & 2 1994
Full Clean Driving License 1989
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
Maintenance system SAP
Permit to work system ISSOW, PA ane IEA
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
Same as other fields.
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
Highly motivated Electrical Technician who always shines and proves to be an asset to the company.