CV Marine engineer - operation & maintenance of diesel engines and diesel generators
Marine engineer - operation & maintenance of diesel engines and diesel generators
Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Marine engineer - operation & maintenance of diesel engines and diesel generators - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment?
Location (Residence): London, United Kingdom Citizenship:India
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Bachelors in Marine Engineering Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: UK (in particular), India Present Location: UK, London Relocation: UK (in particular)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
I am a Marine Engineer worked in Merchant Navy as 2nd Assistant Engineer residing in Middlesex, London. I hold a valid visa to live & work in UK.
My intention is to build shore based Engineering career with skills learnt at Sea & to work in a challenging environment with committed & dedicated people, which will help me to realize my potential and to meet & exceed the company’s goals and objectives.
I am looking for roles like Marine Engineer, Field Service Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Combustion Plant Service Engineer, Oil & Gas Plant Service Engineer, Marine Propulsion Engineer, Compressor Engineer, Generator Service Engineer, Diesel Service Engineer etc.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
I have 2+ years of Engineering Experience in Merchant Navy as Junior(4th Assistant) Engineer, 4th(3rd Assistant), 3rd(2nd Assistant Engineer). I have very good work experience in service, operation and maintenance of 2/4 stroke marine diesel engines and other machineries involved in the efficient operation of the ship. Now, I would like to switch over to shore based Engineering jobs and willing to relocate according to the job location in UK.
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
I am holding Bachelors Degree in Marine Engineering with first class from University of Madras, Chennai, India.
And, I had undergone a pre-sea training for 6 months in one of the best training institute in India "Marine Engineering Training Institute, Cochin Shipyard Limited".
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
I am having very good knowledge in Microsoft Applications.
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
· Extensive experience in Service, Operation and Maintenance of high power (up to 11060 BHP) 2 stroke & 4 stroke Marine
Propulsion Diesel Engines including complete overhaul and major maintenance works.
· Extensive knowledge & experience in diesel engine driven power generators, which includes regular maintenance and
breakdown maintenance of various generators prime mover like Yanmar, B&W and Volvo Penta.
· Gained extensive work experience in Centrifugal, Gear, Screw, Reciprocating and Mono block pumps, which is used
onboard for the normal running of the ships.
. Have extensive experience in vertical fire/smoke tube boilers upto the maximum of 10 bar working pressure.
. Have good knowledge of composite (Exhaust Gas and Oil fired) boilers.
. Good knowledge about flashing-up, shutting down, water treatment, soot blowing, blow through the boiler gauge glass,
blow down operations of boilers which includes planned preventive maintenance and breakdown maintenances.
· Have good knowledge in piping and ancillary equipments like cooling and transfer pumps i.e centrifugal, screw, gear and
reciprocating pumps, diesel oil or water cooled fuel injectors, fresh water, sea water, fuel oil, lubricating oil line systems.
· Have extensive experience in Main and ancillary air compressors (Reciprocating type) and fair knowledge about screw
compressors (Atlas Copco, HPC, Tamrotor etc) also. Adding to that, I have basic electrical knowledge
· Have supervisory experience in most of my previous roles and managed atleast 3 assistants and proven good track
record in a very short time.
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
I have verygood knowledge in the following areas.
. Advanced Fire Fighting.
. Medical First Aid.
. Personal Survival Technique.
. Personal Safety & Social Resposibilities.
. Oil Tanker Familiarisation.
. Chemical Tanker Familiarisation.
. Liquid Gas Tanker Familiarisation.