Bachelors in Marine Navigation Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: European Union Present Location: Poland, Szczecin Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
Dear Prospective Employer,
I would like to apply with your company for the position of 2nd Mate/DPO where I can use my skills and previous experience to help you obtain your company's mission.
I am seeking an international position, preferably on a 1:1 rotating schedule.
I am an innovative thinker, very adaptable to changing projects and work schedules and have a proven ability to quickly train on different facilities. I think I will adopt well to every new work system.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
I have 7 plus years of marine experience as Deck Officer (OOW) of numerous deep sea cargo ships (tankers, chem/tankers, gas/tankers, bulk and cement carriers, ro-ro) and Ballast Engineer/Chief Mate on offshore unit - semisubmersible barge.
• OOW during sea passages and in ports
• Responsible for passage planning, charts corrections
• Controlling stability, ballasting down to operational draft and to back to survival-towing draft,
• Ballasting in normal operation to keep proper trim and/or list.
• Loading, discharging, transferring of oil (tankers, chem.-tankers experience)
• Loading and discharging of cement (cement carrier experience)
• Loading, off-loading various cargo
• Daily loads checks around the unit
• Monitoring fire control system and detectors
• Supervising SOLAS equipment maintenance
• Controlling traffic within 500 metres, radio communication with PCV’s and other facilities around
• In charge of Emergency Teams and communication during emergency and drills
• Unit operator of permit to work system, monitoring expiry of permits and temporary defeats
• Observing weather conditions and reporting any significant changes
• Lifeboat coxswain
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
A.D. 1998 – Start education in the Maritime Academy in Szczecin.
June 2002 - I had achieved my OOW certificate
The Part of my 4 years education in the Academy was stability of the ship, the cargo handling and the ballasting.
A.D. 2002 - I've completed education in the Maritime Academy
December 2006 - I’ve completed and successfully passed exams at the Chief Officer Course and I’ve received my Chief Officer Unlimited Certificate. Obtaining this certificate out I’m fully authorized to control the ship’s ballast and the cargo operations. My Chief Mate certificate doesn’t have limitations so I may work on every floating unit.
In addition I’m a holder of CEC, BOSIET (incl. HUET), and Basic DPO Certificate.
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
Very good computer skills (incl. Microsoft Office)
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
In addition, I have excellent planning and organizational skills. You will find I work well under pressure, I am an effective problem solver and a conscientious and reliable worker.
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]