CV Mechanical Engineer and Navy Veteran / Electronics Technician (Submarines)
Mechanical Engineer and Navy Veteran / Electronics Technician (Submarines)
Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Mechanical Engineer and Navy Veteran / Electronics Technician (Submarines) - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment?
CV/Resume ID no.:
87189 Last Updated:
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Location (Residence): Burlington, United States Citizenship:United States
English United States Other:
Spanish Costa Rica
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: United States Present Location: United States, Burlington, NC Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
Sir or Ma’am,
I am a Mechanical Engineer and Navy veteran. I have over 12 years experience in heavy industry and a keen interest in the energy sector
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
Aug. 2008 – Dec. 2008
-Performed hydraulic and structural design functions using Pro-Engineer for a major heavy equipment manufacturer.
Dec. 2007 – Aug. 2008
Field Operator (Nuclear)
- Responsible for operation and performance monitoring of electrical and mechanical systems installed in a nuclear power generation facility.
Johnson & Johnson
Jun. 2004 - Feb. 2006
- Performed maintenance and quality control tasks in a fast-paced medical device production facility. Troubleshot and repaired pneumatic and hydraulic components, robotics, vision systems, and associated PLC controls installed in contact lens manufacturing lines, as required. I was instrumental in implementing the Six-Sigma Lean Manufacturing Principles on my assigned line, significantly contributing to recognition as the most productive and profitable line in the plant (Q4 2005 & Q1 2006).
United States Navy
Aug. 1998 - Nov. 2003
Electronics Technician (Submarines)
- Supervised work centers of up to 5 technicians performing electro-mechanical maintenance and conventional navigation duties. I was one of two Quality Assurance Inspectors responsible for the proper performance and documentation of repair work performed on high energy systems, including the nuclear propulsion plant. Awarded Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal (1), Letter of Commendation (6), Good Conduct Medal (1), Expert Marksman Medal (2), and National Defense Service Medal (1).
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
University of North Florida
Bachelors of Science - Mechanical Engineering
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
Pro-E, AutoCAD, RHINO, & SOLIDwORKS
Microsoft Office & Project
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
I am a safe, dedicated, motivated, and hard-working Engineer looking for an opportunity in the oil and gas (offshore or land), marine, or renewable energy sectors. Thank you for your time and consideration. Good day!