CV/Resume ID no.:
87560 Last Updated:
Friday, December 26, 2008
Location (Residence): Annanagar East, Chennai, India Citizenship:India
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Bachelors in Marine Engineering Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: Antigua & Barbuda, Australia Present Location: India , Chennai Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
Application for Mechanical Technician
I am a B.E (Marine Engineer with distinction marks of 85.9 % ) with one year experience in Maersk A.P Mollar –and have served on a Very Large Crude Carrier (Oil Tanker) and am keen on taking up a career in the in the field of energy- in areas of operations, maintenance, logistics, in the Oil, and Related Industries.
I have certifications in safety protocols such as Adv. Fire Fighting, Medical First Aid etc as detailed in the C.V.
Enclosed is a copy of my Curriculum Vitae for recruitment in the oil industry - Subsea .
I would appreciate if you could kindly consider placing me favorably as a candidate.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
Work Experience 2006 December - 2007 December
A.P. Moller Maersk Group, Singapore.
Post: Assistant Engineer
• Worked as Maintenance Engineer on Board a Very Large Crude Carrier (Oil Tanker) in the Assistant Engineer position.
• The operation and maintenance of main propulsion and auxiliary machinery in the capacity of an assistant engineer, mainly regular monitoring of operational parameters, fault finding on mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic machines. Carrying out preventive maintenance on the ships plant and breakdown maintenance when required.
• Certified fire fighter, certified first aider, and experienced in the implementation of security protocols, such as stowaway and pirate watches.
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
• B.E. Marine Engineering
First Class with Distinction with a C.G.P.A. of 7.99 equivalent to 85.90% marks.
• Elementary First Aid from A.M.E.T Chennai
• Medical First Aid from H.I.M.T. Chennai
• Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting from A.M.E.T Chennai
• Advanced Fire Fighting from H.I.M.T. Chennai
• Personal Survival Techniques from A.M.E.T Chennai
• Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities from A.M.E.T Chennai
• Survival Craft and Rescue Boats from H.I.M.T. Chennai
• Oil Tanker Familiarization from A.M.E.T Chennai
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
• Strong computer (Hardware & Software) skills.
• A very good understanding of computer hardware & software
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
• Strong communication skills, with an excellent command over written and spoken English.
• Strong Soft skills - Team dynamics. I have a very positive attitude, and enjoy working with people in a team environment.
• Represented the state of Tamil Nadu at the National Aquatic Competition consistently from 1993 to 2002 and various other state and national level aquatic competitions. Won various medals at these competitions- including National Gold Medal.
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
• Was a member of the school basketball team.
• Represented school in various cultural events.
• Was House Captain in school.
• Adjudged best sportsperson of outgoing class in college.