|Sr. Instrument & Control System Engineer
Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Sr. Instrument & Control System Engineer - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment? Please contact us OR search for another relevant oil CV/Resume in our impressive oil industry database
CV/Resume ID no.:
|Location (Residence): Calgary, Canada
|Education & Experience:
||Work Authorization & Relocation:
Bachelors in Enginneer (Instrument and Controls)
Years of Experience:
|Authorized to work in:
|1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
I am an Instrumentation & Control System Engineer with 16 years experience in detailed engineering, projects, and maintenance of various petrochemical and refinery projects. At present, I am working with Jacobs Canada Ltd as a Sr. Control System Engineer on Suncor Sulphur Recovery Project.
I enjoy working independently or as part of a team. My qualifications, drive and determination, make me an excellent candidate for opening with your organisation.
Thank you for taking this time to review my credentials. I look forward to hearing from you.
|2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
Jacobs Canda (Jun 2007 to Present)
Project: Suncor Sulphur Recovery (Oct 2007 to Present)
Sr. Control System Engineer
- Design deliverables checking and stamping (junction box drawing, marshalling panel drawings, cable schedules, interconnection drawings)
- BPCS configuration on DeltaV system includes I/O allocation, bill of materials, panel design, configuration and testing using Mimic simulation
- Prepared narratives for compressor start-up and shutdown, configuration completed using sequence logic
- Review of vendor documents for BPCS configuration (instrument datasheet, junction box drawing, control narratives, cause & effect drawaings)
Project: PE-II expansion Nova Chemical (Jun 2007 to Aug 2007)
- Review and development of P&ID
- Primary sizing for flow instruments, control valves and PSVs
- Cost estimation for instrumentation scope
Project: Suncor Voyageur Project Coker Plant (Jan 2007 to May 2007)
Senior Control System Engineer
- Primary responsibility for coke drum area (all activities)
- P&ID review and mark up
- Looking after coke cutting and switching valve packages
- Prepare cause & effect drawing
- Estimation of panels for RIB design, estimation of trends, estimation of other instrumentation
Fluor Canada Ltd., Calgary
Project: CNRL Horizon Oil Sand Project (March 2005 to Dec 2006)
Control System Specialist
- Preparing control narratives
- Updating P&IDs for control schemes
- Preparing bill of material for DeltaV System
- Calculation of heat dissipation and power supply requirement for Delta V hardware
- Mentoring design team for processor rack layout and panel design
- Preparing segment design for Foundation Fieldbus devices & other analog/digital hardware I/O allocation
- Calculation of power supply requirement and heat dissipation for DeltaV system hardware
- Database configuration
- Testing of configuration using Mimic simulation software
- Preparing test graphics
- Preparing purchase requisition, technical bid and purchase order for RIB (remote instrument building) and control panels
Project: OPTI Long Lake (Sept 2004 to Feb 2005)
- Preparing Instrument datasheets for flow elements, control valves, pressure relief valves, level instruments, rotameters, offline transmitters, steam traps, flame detectors.
- Preparing purchase requisitions, technical bid evaluations and Purchase order documents for instrument commodities like control valves, pressure relief valves, flow elements, level gauges, transmitters, flame scanners/rods, steam traps.
- Post order vendor drawing approval.
Jacobs Canada Inc, Calgary (Feb 2004 to Sept 2004)
Project: Feed package for Hawiyah NGL Recovery Project (Saudi Aramco)
Intermediate Control System Specialist
- Preparation of Specifications for Instrumentation tag guideline, Configuration guideline for DCS, Maintenance training console, Process simulation console
- Discussion with selected control System vendor and finalize the control System Specification.
- P&ID review and mark-up (part)
- Preparation of datasheet for control vales, On/Off valves and pressure relief valves. (part)
Reliance Industries Limited (Jan 1993 to Jan 2004)
Title: Lead Instrumentation & Control system (Nov 1997- Jan 2004):
1. Deputation to Bechtel’s Hammersmith office for detail engineering of refinery tank farms, utility and off sites project (year 1997).
2. Deputation to Bechtel’s Hammersmith office for basic engineering of 590 KBPSD CDU (crude unit) expansion (year 2000)
I have worked as a core team member of 25 MTPA refinery engineering division.
Process licenser for refinery: UOP
Detail engineering consultant: Becthel, UK (main refinery and limited scope for other projects)
- Detailed engineering for Tank farms, off sites and Utilities
- Commissioning support for crude distillation unit (CDU), vacuum distillation unit (VDU) & diesel hydrotreater plant
- Detailed engineering for CDU/VDU, DHT & VGO modifications and expansion
- New desalters for crude unit
- Preparing specifications for refinery expansion projects (Flow measurement, Control valves, Pressure relief valves, & Distributed control system).
- Crude expansion to 540 KBPSD
- Crude expansion to 590 KBPSD
- Crude expansion to 650 KBPSD
- Quality and yield improvement project
- Preparation of man-hour and equipment cost estimates, document deliverables schedule and project monitoring reports.
- Preparation of data sheets for control valves, pressure safety valves, orifice plates, isolation valves, transmitters and other field instruments.
- Preparation of Instrument Index, Wiring and Termination Detail, Cable Block Diagrams, Cable Schedules, Junction Box Schedules, Instrument and Electrical Interface Drawings, Location Drawings, Control Room Layouts, MCT (main cable transit) Drawings, Level Co-ordination Diagram (level setting drawings), Hook-up Drawings and Typical Installation Drawings.
- Preparation of material requisitions and technical bid evaluations.
- Sizing and selection of control valves, orifice plates, pressure safety valves and other instruments.
- Resolution of site engineering request/queries to expedite construction progress.
- Provide input to package vendor for instrumentation requirement.
- Review and approval of fired heater drawings, which includes dedicated BMS (AB PLC based).
- Review and approval of Fire & Gas detector vendor drawings.
- Review and approval of other packages for example, compressors, pumps, fin fan air coolers and filtration equipment.
- Participation in Hazop reviews.
- Review of piping isometrics and vessel trim for instrument interface.
- Review of single line diagrams and power distribution for instrument/electrical interface.
Distributed Control System (Foxboro I/A System)
- Preparation of Specification, technical bid valuation and Overall rating Criteria for system supplier.
- Finalization of Function Design Specifications, Document Flow Guideline, and Approval Protocol, Console Layout and Engineering deliverables.
- Review and finalization of System Architecture, Control Network, Integration & Interface with sub-System and MIS Network.
- Development of Web Server, Remote Management Support Service.
- FAT at vendor workshop
Commissioning Support Role
- Providing on site solution to engineering design & other modification request
- Commissioning of package equipments
- Provide technical solution to field instrumentation problem
- Checking DCS configuration (part)
- Supervise loop checking activities (part)
- Attending operation problems related to instrumentation and DCS
- Keeping track of all design changes for as built purpose.
Project engineer – Instrumentation (Sep 1994 - Oct 1997)
Project: Polyethylene Plant – II (200 KTA)
Process Licenser: Novacor Chemicals, Canada
Basic engineering consultant: SWCL, Canada
- Review of basic engineering package.
- Finalizing of Instrumentation design philosophy.
- Finalization of document deliverable schedule.
- Co-ordination with engineering consultant, vendors and construction staff.
- Material Requisition for tagged and bulk items.
- Bid evaluation and technical recommendation.
- Review of vendor drawings & design calculation.
- Expediting and inspection.
- Site visits for resolution of construction queries.
- Preparation of reports for monitoring of project progress.
Maintenance engineer – Instrumentation (Jan 1993 - Aug 1994):
Project: Polyethylene Plant (160 KTA)
- Planning and execution of Preventive Maintenance program.
- Definition of inventory levels and spares parts management
- Execution of expansion/modification projects
- Manpower planning and preparation of shift schedule
- Training for technicians
- Hands-on experience programming and implementing: ABB MOD 300 system, Modicon 984 PLC, Square-D 400 PLC, Siemens AS 215 PLC and other field instrumentation.
|3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
Bachelor of Engineering (Instrumentation & Control) with distinction, 1992 from Gujarat University
|4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
Lotus Notes, MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS ACCESS, MS PowerPoint, INtools, Auto view, Visio
|5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
Maintenance experience on Petrochemical Plant, commissioning experience on one of the world's largest refinery.
|6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
|Registered Engineer with APEGGA (The Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists, and Geophysicists of Alberta)