CV Gas Engineer looking for Offshore work, Gas Installation Engineer
Gas Engineer looking for Offshore work, Gas Installation Engineer
Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Gas Engineer looking for Offshore work, Gas Installation Engineer - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment?
Location (Residence): Nottingham, United Kingdom Citizenship:United Kingdom
English United Kingdom Other:
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Vocational in Apprentice Gas Engineer Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: UK (in particular) Present Location: UK, Nottingham Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
Ive spent 8 years as a technical gas engineer working for the leading company in the UK called British Gas. I am now looking to further my career in the offshore industry. I am willing to relocate as soon as possible and widen my skills. I have excellent hands on experience and im a great communicator and team player who dedicates themselves giving 100%....
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
I started British Gas in 2000 and attended their British Gas Academy School to train to become an engineer. This process took 2 years which allowed me to train to be competent when working with gas and to understand and gain knowledge of how boilers, cookers, water heaters, & warm air units worked. Also involved I gained knowledge of understanding how central heating systems operated and how they were put together in order to provide heating and hot water. As part of working for such a large company we had to provide excellent customer service and communication skills as we were dealing with several different customers on a daily basis. As a technical engineer it was my duty to diagnose and rectify faults to the best of my ability keeping materials costs to a minimum but ensuring the customer was left warm and had hot water. My number one priority was safety and ensuring that I always left with a satisfied customer. I am also trained in Health & safety which was a major key in the development of my role. We had to monitor and make note of all defects and document this information to the Health & Safety Executive (HSE).
Iguana Services Gas Installation Engineer (www.iguanaheating.com)
After working for British Gas I decided to widen my knowledge and experience by working for Iguana Services. The company carried out full installations throughout grant schemes provided by the government. It was also our duty to change boilers bringing them up to today’s energy efficiency regulations. My job included collecting all the necessary materials for the day’s job, visiting the property to carry out the work, arranging electricians to wire the systems and ensuring my end product was to the best of my ability. It was also my duty to ensure the property was left in exactly the same way I found by making sure all materials had been removed from the site. Again Safety was my number one priority not only for me but also for the customer and the environment I worked in. Throughout my time served with this company I gained excellent building knowledge of properties internally & externally. This allowed me to approach different challenges and make short important decisions at short notice. Organisation was a key in this demanding role, to make sure all duties required were completed to the highest standard within all deadlines.
Sedona Builds (www.sedonabuilds.co.uk)
After leaving Iguana Services I was offered a position as contracts manager for Sedona Builds. This was an extremely challenging position arranging projects and managing workforce and costs to ensure work was completed to high standards and within budget. As I have had 10 years as a Gas engineer/Plumber, I have gained excellent knowledge of buildings which helped me in the aid of design of projects and to help keep costs down so that all work was completed satisfactory. The 25 team workforce was to be managed and co-ordinated so that all deadlines were met on a daily basis. Sometimes we encounter problems and it was my duty to resolve this causing minimal distress and to aid satisfactory resolutions.
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
• Gas Industry Modern Apprenticeship Gas Services Maintenance
• CCN1 Core Domestic Gas Safety (Zurich Awarding Body)
• Installation & Servicing of Unvented Hot Water Storage Systems in Compliance with the Building Regulations Part L1 & G3 and the water supply (water fitting) Regulations 1999 (Zurich Awarding Body)
• CoNGLP1 Generic Fuel Changeover Core Domestic Gas Safety Assessment (Natural Gas to LPG) (NIC Certification)
• PD Permanent Dwellings
• LAV Leisure Accommodation Vehicles (caravans/motor, caravan holiday homes)
• RPH Residential Park Homes
• HTRLP2 Install, Exchange, Disconnect, Service, Repair, Breakdown & Commission Closed flue gas fires ‘Specific Appliance’
• Energy Efficiency Domestic Heating (LOGIC Certification)
• NVQ Level 3 in Health & Safety
• NVQ Level 3 Mechanical Engineering Services (Domestic Appliances)
• NVQ Level 2 in Communication
• NVQ Level 2 in Problem Solving
• NVQ Level 2 in Working with Others
• NVQ Level 1 in Application of Number
• BTEC National Diploma in IT (Merit Award)
• GCSE Maths (Grade B)
• GCSE English (Grade C)
• GCSE Science (Grade C double award)
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
I have excellent computer knowledge and skills. I am very familiar and confident. I also have a BTEC National Diploma in Computer Studies.
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
Great Team Player
Can Adapt to any situation under pressure
Works to a high standard