CV Roustabout, Assistant Life Support Technician, Entry Level, OPITO, BOSIET
Roustabout, Assistant Life Support Technician, Entry Level, OPITO, BOSIET
Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Roustabout, Assistant Life Support Technician, Entry Level, OPITO, BOSIET - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment?
Location (Residence): Newstead, Brisbane, Australia Citizenship:Australia
English Australian Other:
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
High School in Tasmanian Certificate of Education Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: European Union, UK (in particular), Australia Present Location: Australia, Brisbane Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
To whom it may concern
Please find this cover letter as an expression of interest for a position of 'Roustabout' with your organisation. I am interested in being considered for employment with you and would like to present myself as an enterprising candidate with much to offer. Enclosed is a copy of my resume for your review.
I have recently completed an IMCA approved Assistant Life Support Technician course at The Underwater Centre, in Beauty Point, Tasmania. As detailed in my resume, I achieved a 95% average in examination results, and demonstrated my theoretical and physical abilities to conduct myself effectively as an ALST. I also hold a cold water Basic Offshore Survival Induction and Emergency Training (BOSIET) qualification, and a current senior first aid certificate. I have a valid Australian Standards 2299.1 (2007) and 2299.2 (2001) Commercial/Scientific diving medical.
Other qualifications I possess are Certificate II in Information Systems and a basic Swagelok induction qualification.
I am currently employed as a bar manager and venue supervisor, at CRU Bar in Fortitude Valley, Brisbane. Although the skill set required for this position is somewhat alternate to that of an ALST, I possess the following transferable skills:
- Problem solving
- Teamwork and interpersonal relations
- Use of technology
- Management and Supervisory
I bring to the job strong communication, precise, accurate and detail-oriented skills, a friendly and energetic personality and a can do attitude. I am committed to maintaining a healthy lifestyle outside of work and some of my leisure activities include running, resistance training and the occasional game of football.
I am available to start immediately.
I am confident I can make a valuable contribution to your Life Support team, and given the chance, will prove myself as a productive, loyal and savvy employee. Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you in the future.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
- IMCA approved Assistant Life Support Technician course. Issued by The Underwater Centre Tasmania Pty Ltd. Issued on 24/10/2008. Certificate Number TUCT/08/2628. Instructed by Chris Laursen.
- OPITO approved Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (BOSIET) including EBS. Issued by ERGT. Issued 01/10/2008. Card Number 62660.
- Senior First Aid Workplace Level 2. Issued by Australian Red Cross. Issued 26/08/2008.
- Valid Australian Standards 2299.1 (2007) and 2299.2 (2001) Commercial/Scientific diving medical. Issued 22/12/2008.
- Certificate II in Information Technology. (ICA20199)
- Tasmanian Certificate of Education 2001
- Swagelok induction course (tube bending, tube fitting safety and valve selection)
- Tasmanian Squadron Air Training Corps 1/2000 Cadet Under Officer course achieved credit.
Held rank of Cadet Under Officer for three years.
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
Microsoft Office suite. Adobe Creative Design suite.
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
I am relatively new to the industry and am exploring different avenues of entry into the offshore environment. I am a qualified Assistant Life Support Technician in commercial diving, however commercial diving work in local seas is sparse at the moment and I am seeking work in any other facet of the industry, to gain experience.
I am willing to execute any position on a rig or support vessel, and I am available immediately.
I am not afraid of hard work and manual labour and the employment I am currently in demands 12 hour shifts.
I am willing to cover travel costs to meet my goal.
I am determined to break into this industry and will prove this by demonstrating hard work and reliability.