CV Roustabout, OLF, NSOC-D, Falk Nutek, NOGEPA and OPITO approved
Roustabout, OLF, NSOC-D, Falk Nutek, NOGEPA and OPITO approved
Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Roustabout, OLF, NSOC-D, Falk Nutek, NOGEPA and OPITO approved - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment?
Location (Residence): gairloch, United Kingdom Citizenship:United Kingdom
English United Kingdom Other:
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
High School in Physics Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: European Union Present Location: Scotland, Gairloch Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
I have been working on fishing vessels for 7 years, being around and involved with the sea all my life. As a partner in a family owned vessel, I now feel I have achieved and learned as much as possible in the fishing industry and wish to start a career in the oil industry, as it has a lot of different opportunities to offer with potential to bring my career in a variety of directions.
After recently completing my BOSIETS course at Falk Nutek along with my GREENHANDS course at Falk Onsite in Aberdeen, I wish to pursue a career in the oil industry starting at Roustabout, with capacity to progress as time goes on.
The contribution I will bring to the workforce is my enthusiasm, my drive for success and my commitment to get any job done whilst ensuring safety. Given that I have now acquired and completed an initial shift offshore, it is my aim to now find an environment that will provide me with the opportunity to gain further skills, develop my knowledge and allow me to develop my capabilities to their full potential.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
December 2008 – January 2009 Diamond Drilling
• General Roustabout duties on board the Ocean Princess rig
• Some experience and understanding gained with regard to mechanical engineering
• Skills acquired included pipework – pipe fittings, valves, prepping pipes
• Experience in rig move operations
July 2007 to date STELLA MARIS L.T.D
Position: Deck Crew
• Unsupervised deck crew including watchkeeping
• Winch and crane operations
• Maintenance on all areas Engine and Hydraulics insuring a safe working environment
• Working within all N.W Scotland approaches
July 2004 – June 2005 Harper, Tait & Sangster Limited (Civil Engineering)
• Manual labour under a harsh environment in support off laying
New water mains
• Fusion butt welding
December 2005 – June 2006 Town and Country marquees (Auckland New Zealand)
Position: Team Leader
• Marquee and stage erector responsible for meeting targets and
deadlines for large events whilst simultaneously maintaining a good safety culture
July 2001-July 2004 J+K McNeil (MFV Avalon)
Position: Deck Crew
• Unsupervised deck crew operating within the Moray Firth and all N.W approaches
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
• Falk Nutek: Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training with additional basic safety training for the Norwegian sector. OLF, NSOC-D, NOGEPA and OPITO approved. Expires 7th October 2012.
• Norwegian medical certificate including UKOOA. Expires 16th October 2010.
• Falk Onsite 5 Day Greenhand course including Banksman and Slinger.
• Basic Health and Safety for fishermen (MCA approved).
• Basic Fire Fighting and Prevention (MCA approved).
• Basic Sea Survival (MCA approved).
• Basic First Aid (MCA approved).
• Area 1 GMDSS Radio Ticket (MCA approved).
• 5 Day: Trawl technology Course Aalborg, Denmark (MCA approved).
• 2 Day: Basic Engineering (MCA approved).
Gairloch High School, Gairloch, Ross-shire, Scotland, UK
Qualifications (Scottish Qualifications Authority):
• Physics Higher
• Technological Studies Higher
• Physical Education Higher
• Computing Intermediate 2
• Mathematics Intermediate 2
• English Intermediate 1
• French General Grade
• German General Grade
• History General Grade
• Business Dynamics Cert. of Achievement
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
Computing Intermediate 2
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
Boat handling and basic marine engineering including hydraulics. Basic pipefitting.
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
My objective is to find a position in an environment which will allow:
• Learning through practice
• Application of skills, knowledge and capabilities gained through previous working situations and environments
• Opportunity to progress to new career levels and fields
• Co-operation and communication with a variety of people
• Expanding my knowledge on safety so as to improve and increase its integration with my work