CV Oil and Gas (5 years experience) + MBA in Finance and Energy
Oil and Gas (5 years experience) + MBA in Finance and Energy
Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Oil and Gas (5 years experience) + MBA in Finance and Energy - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment?
Location (Residence): New Orleans, United States Citizenship:India
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Masters in MBA Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: United States, India Present Location: United States, New Orleans Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
My previous work experience in estimation and optimization of project costs, contracts management (including framing of commercial, legal and technical terms and conditions of contract), budget allocation across 21 units, and procurement and logistics management, combined with the Finance Concentration and Energy Specialization of my current MBA curriculum, makes me an ideal candidate for the program.
At Indian Oil Corporation Limited, my previous employer, I successfully optimized the project planning related to the maintenance of crude oil storage tanks, resulting in a financial savings of more than US $90,000 per tank. Further, I introduced an integrated management system for inspection activities in our division. This system provided management a tool to keep track of the inspection and maintenance activities of petroleum storage tanks and pipelines. The MBA program at Tulane University will further enhance both my energy outlook and my expertise in making and executing financial decisions.
More importantly, an internship with your Corporation would be mutually beneficial. The program will strengthen my global perspective in business, and I know that through the combination of my experience, education, and motivation to excel, I can effectively contribute to your corporation.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
INDIAN OIL CORPORATION LIMITED (IOCL)
Rajkot, Gujarat, India
Senior Inspection Engineer (April 2007 to June 2008)
• Managed repair projects for large capacity crude oil storage tanks: estimated project costs, prepared technical specifications, evaluated offers, procured materials, provided technical expertise to maintenance group and monitored progress of projects.
Accomplishment: Successfully reduced downtime by one month resulting in savings of more than US $90,000 per tank.
• Maintenance of petroleum pipelines: Provided technical expertise and recommended special repair methods for critical defects on sites.
• Managed logistics of steel plates, considering consumption and inventory control.
• Crossing Permissions: Maintained technical and legal liaisons with external agencies.
Inspection Engineer (October 2003 to March 2007)
• Carried out inspection of crude oil storage tanks and petroleum pipelines.
Accomplishment: Designed Integrated Management System for Inspection in Western Region Pipelines of IOCL. All stations under Western Region Pipelines now follow this system.
• Handled outsourcing of activities: Prepared tenders and carried out tendering procedures, commercial evaluation of offers and award of job contracts.
• Allocation of financial budget across 21 operating units of the region.
• Energy Saving Project: Member of team that achieved a 20% reduction in energy consumption by radiator motors.
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
TULANE UNIVERSITY, FREEMAN SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
New Orleans, LA, U.S.A. Master of Business Administration (May 2010)
Cumulative GPA: 3.73
GMAT Score: 720, Full Academic Scholarship
Research Assistant at Entergy-Tulane Energy Research Institute
Member of Tulane Energy Club, Tulane Entrepreneurs Association and Graduate Finance Club
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
Rourkela, Orissa, India
Bachelor of Technology (April 2003)
Major: Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
Honors degree holder and ranked 3rd in the department
Tour Management: Organizer of 15-day study tour
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
Microsoft Certified Application Specialist for Excel 2007.
Microsoft Word, Power Point, Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Movie Maker.
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
Teaching: Faculty for technical training of IOCL employees.
Event Management: Executive member of recreation club of IOCL.
Language: Fluent in English, Hindi and Oriya.
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
Successfully completed the continuing education program on “Paints, Coatings, Inspection and Quality Control” at Indian Institute of Technology Bombay.