Location (Residence): Orapa, Botswana Citizenship:South Africa
English South Africa
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Masters in Project Management Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: European Union Present Location: Botswana, Orapa Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
I am currently the Control and Instrumentation Superintendent at Debswana Diamond Company, Botswana, and the largest diamond mine in the world. I have been in this position since May 2003. Prior to the mining industry I spent 19 years in various capacities, including supervisory, in the metals industry.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
1. Siemens S7 – 300 and 400 PLC’s.
2. Adroit SCADA (HMI) systems.
3. Siemens Masterdrives
4. Thermo Fischer Scientific weighscales, beltweighers and densitometers.
5. Fischer control valves.
6. Various knifegate, pinch, butterfly and ball valves.
7. Various flow, level, temperature and pressure measurement instrumentation.
8. I am also responsible for the maintenance to electro-mechanical portions of the hydraulic and pneumatic control systems.
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
Higher Diploma in Electrical Engineering.
Masters Degree in Project management (University of Southern Queensland, Australia)
Postgraduate certificate in Project Management (University of Southern Queensland, Australia)
Certificate in Business communication (University of South Africa)
Radiation Officer Certification (Nuclear and X-ray)
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
SAP R/3 maintenance and performance management
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
1. Safety, Health and Environment performance including radiation protection
2. Maintenance of and adherence to all Corporate Control and Instrumentation standards.
3. Equipment availability and utilization as well as overall plant efficiency.
4. Asset management strategy implementation
5. Subordinate development and performance management.
6. Working Costs and Capital Budget formulation and Control
7. Plant optimization project management
8. Maintenance of disaster recovery plans as well as service level agreements.
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
In the metals industry some of the highlights were the following:
1. Responsibility for commissioning the finishing production lines on a $1bn plant upgrade. This involved equipment from Siemens (PLC), Alstom, and Yokogawa (DCS).
2. The lead engineer to design and commission a production material storage facility with automated material transporting to storage locations. This project was integrated using Siemens PLC’s, Alstom VSD’s and a wireless network.
Some of my current projects in the mining environment include:
1. Complete upgrade of all diamond recovery equipment to improve plant recovery efficiency
2. Installation of an OEE (Operational Equipment Effectiveness) system to automate asset management requirements. This system assists with optimization of plant availability and utilization. Root cause analysis techniques and action plans are built in features.
3. Assistance with the implementation of SAP Materials Management and Planned Maintenance System.
I am currently familiar with the following equipment but have maintained a much larger selection of automation equipment with previous employers.