Location (Residence): SHEARDALE DOLLAR, United Kingdom Citizenship:United Kingdom
English United Kingdom Other:
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Vocational in MECHANICAL MINING & ENGINEERING Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: European Union Present Location: SCOTLAND, DOLLAR Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
I am seeking employment within the oil/gas Industry, either on or off shore. I would be interested in either a permanent or temporary position, with an immediate start, if required. I have experience within the onshore and offshore industry and also plastic and ductile iron pipelines , cable ducting and pressure testing and leak detection . I am an honest, conscientious, self-motivated individual, who works well within a team environment or on my own, using my own initiative. I am adept at learning new skills as required and am extremely versatile.
I have vast experience of operating and supervising heavy plant equipment, including all sizes of excavators, dump trucks, dozers, cranes, hydraulic power packs and pumps.
I trust the above may be of interest to you and look forward to hearing from you in the near future
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
Statement of Experience
When I left school I secured employment with HILLFARM COAL CO. Here I was taught all the fundamentals and gained hands on experience of the mining industry then quickly progressed to management. HILLFARM COAL CO. was a medium sized coal mining company with two drift mines and four opencast mines. The company acquired the gas rights within Central Scotland and Fife for the extraction of Methane gas from the deep coal seams . HILLFARM COAL set up a sister company called COALBED METHANE LTD. At this point I was a manager of one drift mine and two opencast sites. I was then transferred to COALBED METHANE to assist in the purchase of drilling equipment and setting up of sites and road accesses and organised accounts with specialist hire companies such as PSL and WETHERFORD. I also setup a full repair and maintenance program for all the equipment associated with the project . I was involved ,hands on, with the setup and the operation of all equipment , from working on the drill floor, on the derrick and assisting the driller , but my primary role was site setup and assisting the DRILLING MANAGER / COMPANY MAN.
I left HILLFARM COAL and set up my own business FORTH AND CLYDE SERVICES LTD which specialised in the maintenance and degreasing of heavy plant and drilling equipment. We also undertook our first pipeline project which was a 57 kilometres 90mm hppe gas line for COALBED METHANE LTD. This was the deciding factor in setting up JEN PLANT AND LABOUR HIRE LTD.
JEN PLANT AND LABOUR HIRE LTD. specialised in high pressure pipelines for fire sprinkler systems, potable water mains, gas pipelines, storm water lines and pumped sewage lines including swabbing, pigging and all civils involved and additional site setup for COALBED METHANE LTD and COMPOSITE ENERGY . JEN PLANT AND LABOUR HIRE LTD. has under taken projects for a number of different organisations from the PRIVATE SECTOR, LOCAL GOVERNMENT and PFI projects. The value of work carried out varied from small contracts of £2000.00 to £500000 packages.
The following are just some of the contracts that I have been involved with:
- Improvements and upgrading to Aberfeldy Waste Water Treatment Plant. This involved setting up overpumping, removal and installation of old storm and dewatering screens, full M & E installation of apparatus ready for inspection and sign off by independant M & E Company.
- Installation of 2 90m HPPE pipe @ Doune to Deanstoun, Perthshire, amounting to 4 kilometres of twin pipe and all associated air valves, scour valves, flow meters, concrete chambers and hard and soft landscape reinstatement. Testing was done by ourselves after which an independent company attend and verify all testing.
- High pressure fire main installation at Centrelink 5, Shotts. This involved cutting of tar road, excavation and removal of old fire main, installation of new high pressure fire main and all associated hydrants and service valves with complete reinstatement to clients satisfaction.
- In the past few years JEN PLANT AND LABOUR HIRE LTD. has had no reportable HEALTH AND SAFETY incidents and has prided itself on keeping up with all current HSE issues in a continually changing environment. I implemented pre-shift checks for all jobs on a daily basis and inspection of plant and site on a daily basis then co-ordinated with the team leaders for each site on TOOLBOX TALKS RISK ASSESMENTS , METHOD STATEMENTS and DAILY AND WEEKLY PROGRAM OF WORKS ensuring that all jobs were staffed and tooled to meet our client’s satisfaction and company work program, including liaison with project management teams.
I feel I have taken my business as far as I can, also with it proving more difficult to recruit committed personnel who are adaptable to the ever changing requirements of our industry and the inherent problems of securing payments for jobs done, this is the reason I am seeking a career change.
Thank you for this opportunity and I know that given the chance I would quickly become an asset within your organisation.
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
Scottish Water - Distributed Operations Maintenance Strategy
DOMS Boundary Valve Management Approved 12 Nov 2008 - 11 Nov 2011
DOMS Disinfection Procedure Approved 12 Nov 2008 - 11 Nov 2011
DOMS General Maintenance Activities Approved 12 Nov 2008 - 11 Nov 2011
DOMS Hygiene Code of Practice Approved 12 Nov 2008 - 11 Nov 2011
DOMS Hygienic Use of Tools & Equipment Approved 12 Nov 2008 - 11 Nov 2011
DOMS Network Operability Approved 12 Nov 2008 - 11 Nov 2011
National Water Hygiene
National Water Hygiene Approved 03 Mar 2008 - 02 Mar 2011
Other Endorsements Status Valid Dates
CSCS Site Supervisor Approved - End May 2009
CPCS Plant Operator Approved - 10 Oct 2009
Street Works Supervisor Approved 16 Oct 2008 - 16 Oct 2013
Driving Licence Full /HGV C1 17-07-86 - 22-05-39
Offshore Survival OPITO Approved 16 Nov 2007-15Nov 2011
Manual Handling Trained
Risk Assessment Trained
H2S Awareness Trained
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
I AM COMPETENT WITH COMPUTERS
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
I HAVE HAD TO BE EXTRAMLY VERSATILE THROUGH OUT MY EMPLOYMENT AND ENJOY CHALLENGES
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
I ENJOY EMERSING MYSELF IN MY WORK AND WORKING WITH OTHER PEOPLE