CV Sr Cost Controller KBR Kellogg Brown and Root Asia Pacific Pte Ltd (Energy and Chemicals)
Sr Cost Controller KBR Kellogg Brown and Root Asia Pacific Pte Ltd (Energy and Chemicals)
Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Sr Cost Controller KBR Kellogg Brown and Root Asia Pacific Pte Ltd (Energy and Chemicals) - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment?
Chinese Singapore Other:
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Bachelors in Electrical and Eletrical Engineering Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: Singapore Present Location: Singapore, Singapore Relocation: Singapore
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
To Whom It May Concern:
Application for the position of Cost Controller
I am interested in applying for the above position advertised in oil-offshore-marine.com. My resume is attached for your review.
I am confident that my skills and past experience could make great contributions to your organization. Therefore I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss my qualifications for this position in greater detail with you in person at your earliest convenience.
Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to hearing from you.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
1. Kellogg Brown and Root Asia Pacific Pte Ltd (Energy and Chemicals)
(December 2002 – Present)
Job title held in KBR: Senior Cost Specialist (Oct 2007 – Present)
Cost Specialist (2003 – 07)
Planner/Scheduler (2002 – 03)
KBR is a global engineering, construction and services company supporting the energy, petrochemicals, government services and civil infrastructure sectors. It offers a wide range of services through its Upstream, Downstream, Technology, Services, Government and Infrastructure, and Ventures business segments.
Role: Cost Specialist
Scope and Responsibilities:
Review contact document and prepare budget by taking consideration of the commercial estimate and translate the work program of the project into cost figure
Prepare monthly project cost progress status report
Prepares monthly procurement material Value of Work Done (VOWD) report.
Maintain scope change register for cost monitoring
Analyzed the budgeted cost versus foreseen cost to monitor variance
Monitor all project accomplishment for billing and implementation into project budgetary and cost control
Monitor revenue and cash flow forecast for profit and loss recognition
Monitor project status from mobilization up to final acceptance
Forecasting of manpower, revenue and cost
Setting up WBS structure in SAP system for timesheet and cost charging
Reconciliation of all cost aspect with SAP accounting module
- Pluto LNG Development, Riser Platform, Woodside Australia
Scope: Engineering, Procurement, Construction Mgt and Project Mgt Support (EPCM)
Duration: Jul 2007 – expected to complete in Jun 2009
- Pluto LNG Pluto LNG Development, Riser Platform, Woodside Australia
Duration: Sep 2006 – Jun 2007
- PTT Arthit 2A Field Development Central Facilities, PTT Exploration and Production Public Company Limited (PTTEP)
Scope: Engineering, Procurement and Project Mgmt Support (EPM)
Duration: Jun 2004 – Dec 2006
- PTT Arthit 2B Wellhead Construction, PTT Exploration and Production Public Company Limited (PTTEP)
Scope: Detailed Engineering
Duration: Jan 2004 – Dec 2005
- Third Transmission Pipeline Project – Offshore Platform System
Scope: Detailed Engineering
Duration: Jun 2004 – Jun 2005
- Shell Malampaya Project
Scope: FEED, EPIC
Duration: 1998 – 2004 (Involve during the final stage from 2003 – 2004)
• Prepare and setup project schedules using primavera (P3) software
• Prepare and tabulate S-Curves charts, manpower histogram and progress reports on periodic basis
• Work closely with project teams to obtain milestone progress status
• Prepare and update deliverables list
• Forecasting manpower for project,
• Reviewing and analyzing the original schedules against actual of physical progress of project work
• Monitor and review schedule progress and assessment of the likely impact of any deviations and reports any schedule impacts on design and contract changes in order to meet project target completion date
Role: Project Control Support
Also involves in involves in management duties and providing SAP system support to projects
- Prepare Management reports. Reports include chargeability report, manpower resource planning report.
- Extracting data from SAP timesheet module
- Analyzing data and report at project / department level and summarizing to corporate level
- Forecast and monitor manpower allocation for resource planning reporting
- Use of Microsoft Access to setup tables and queries to assist in capturing extracted data and analyze data for reporting use
- Responsible for the roll out of the SAP project control modules in Asia Pacific.
- Key contact for SAP project control module system support in Asia Pacific.
- Work closely with KBR SAP key administrator headquartered in Houston, Texas for SAP implementation
- Responsible for setting up SAP project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) structure, provide support to timesheet charging and for all projects implementation in SAP system
- Create database application using Microsoft access as a platform for department estimating use.
B. Sembcorp Engineers and Constructors
(February – August 2002)
Job title held: Planning Engineer
• Prepare and update schedules, S curves and progress reports.
• Track project progress status based on deliverable list using Microsoft excels spreadsheet and update progress schedule on Primavera P3.
• Monitor and update percentage progress status on a weekly basis.
• Liaise with project team on progress status
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
Nanyang Technological University (1997-2001) - Singapore
Graduate with Bachelor in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE)
Major in Computer.
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows
Packages: Microsoft Office: Words/Excel/Access/PowerPoint
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
7 years in oil and gas industry in mainly offshore production facilities.
First started as a planning engineer in Sembcorp Engineers and Contractors and subsequently move to Kellogg Brown and Root (KBR) and have work in Project Controls department till present today. Now working as a cost specialist for past 6 years and have involve in various engineering design, procurement and construction management projects. Besides costing, also have been involve in planning as well as department supporting roles like management reporting, estimating and SAP support.