CV Marine Chief Engineer Shell international Shipping Service (Pte) Ltd London
Marine Chief Engineer Shell international Shipping Service (Pte) Ltd London
Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Marine Chief Engineer Shell international Shipping Service (Pte) Ltd London - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment?
Location (Residence): Kochi, India Citizenship:India
English United Kingdom
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: India Present Location: India, Kochi Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
A 41 year old accomplished Marine Engineer with nearly 18 years high quality shipping experience on Oil tankers including VLCCs and Product carriers, Bulk carriers and Cargo vessels. The candidate has hands on experience on Sulzer, MAN, B&W and Yanmar engines, compressors, turbines, pumps, etc. Has good communication skills and has the ability and experience to work along with multinational crew.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
Shell international Shipping Service (Pte) Ltd, London- January 2007 to date
The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd., Mumbai September 2000 to January 2002
As the Chief Engineer I was part of the on board management team and is responsible as the ship's technical and maintenance manager in accordance with Statutory and Class requirements, Company and manufacturers manuals and procedures as appropriate.
• over viewing the safe working practices of all technical and maintenance personnel including outside contractors;
• for understanding and compliance with the SMS;
• administration of the Work Permit System as detailed in the SMS;
• the maintenance and efficient operation of all propulsion, cargo and electrical and ancillary machinery and equipment for the safe operation of the vessel including domestic machinery and equipment for the provision of hotel services;
• development and preparation of docking specifications;
• preparation and management of maintenance budgets;
• maintenance of fixed LSFA equipment;
• monitor and manage engine room staff hours of rest and work in accordance with STCW 95;
• stores and spares inventories and associated documentation;
• maintenance of the Engine Information Book and ensuring up keep of the Engine Room Log Book and all engine room and machinery related records including the Oil Record Book under the requirements of MARPOL Annex 1;
• bunker custody and related environmental protection;
• the training of engineer cadets and trainees and monitoring their progress;
• Performance evaluation of engineers.
Shell international Shipping Service (Pte) Ltd, London- February 2002 to December 2006
The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd., Mumbai- October 1995 to August 2000
As second engineer my work included managing the engineering personnel on board, operation and maintenance of machineries, work planning, etc.
As a second engineer in various types of vessels, I was able to improve my skills in the maintenance of different type of engines, turbines, boilers and other auxiliary machineries and in the safe operation of ships.
Third Engineer 1994 to 1995
The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd., Mumbai.
As a third engineer, I was in charge of maintenance of main engine, boilers, separators and elated pumps.
Fourth Engineer 1992 to 1994
The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd., Mumbai.
In this role I gained experience in the maintenance of auxiliary engines and elated pumps on board vessel.
Marine Engineer Apprentice 1990 to 1991
Hindustan Shipyard Ltd., Vishakapatnam, India.
Here I was able to learn the installation and repair of machineries on new and existing ships. Also trained in machine shop, welding shop, electrical shop and shipyards drawing office.
Patel Engineering Works, Mumbai, India.
As trainee engineer, I was able to learn about the repair work onboard vessels and in the workshop ashore.
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
Class I (Motor) Certificate of competency 1998
Mercantile Marine Department, Mumbai, India.
Member of Institute of Marine Engineers.
B-tech in Mechanical Engineering from University of Kerala, India.
I Class in English.Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
Basic courses in computers from NIIT, India.
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
DONE COURSES IN:
Hull inspection course by Lloyds register of shipping, London.
Electrical Familiarization for Marine Engineers and Electronics for marine Engineers from Anglo-Eastern Maritime Centre, Mumbai.
Ship Management Team Workshop at Shell Centre, London.
Crew Resource Management at Warsash Maritime College, UK.
Advanced Firefighting- Command and Control at Fire Fighting College, Morton-E-Marsh, UK.
Hydraulics for Marine Engineers from Maritime Institute of India, Mumbai.
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
Interested in sports like Cricket and Football.
Volunteer In charge of National Service Scheme (NSS) at College of engineering, Trivandrum, Kerala 1987-88.NSS is a student service organization helping out the poor for better living conditions.