CV/Resume ID no.:
90910 Last Updated:
Saturday, March 7, 2009
Location (Residence): eaglescliffe, United Kingdom Citizenship:United Kingdom
English United Kingdom Other:
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Vocational in Chemical, Pharmaceutical & Petro- Chemical Operations Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: European Union, UK (in particular) Present Location: UK, Stockton-on-Tees Relocation: Anywhere (International)
Control Room Operator
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
I am a dedicated hard working person who enjoys operating in team environments but can also work just as well as an individual.
The ability to work long hours and be away from home for prolonged periods of time present no problems for me.
I am also able to adapt to new environments and learn new skills quickly whilst maintaining the highest standards of safety.
Practical experience of safe systems of work including: PTW, HAZOP, COMAH, COSHH and awareness of the effects on the environment caused by working within production operations.
Willingness to undergo any training and undertake extra responsibilities as directed
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
Avecia – Jan 2006 – ongoing
Position – Production/Service Technician
• Use and control of PCS, DCS, CPU & Siemens
• Control of outside process services, plant steam, process waste
• Start up and shut down of operational plant equipment
• First Line maintenance
• Analytical testing
• Downstream separations
• Writing and reviewing of documents, protocol and commissioning
• Health & Safety/ COSHH shift rep.
• PTW trained, 6 months secondment as plant day shift manager
GSK – July 2001 – Dec 2005
Position – Control Room/ Chemical Process Operator
• Control room operations on a low tier COMHA site.
• PCS, DCS and Siemens control.
• First Line Maintenance.
• Start up and shut down of operational equipment
• Tanker off loading and control of outside services.
• Quality champion, COSHH shift rep and internal audit trained.
Sydney Olympics – World Wide Workers
Position – Logistics Operator (sailing event)
From Apr 2000 – July 2001 I traveled the world visiting various countries, during this time I took the opportunity to take this role.
Lonza – Aug 1996 – Apr 2000
Position – Senior Process Operator
• Main Duties:
• Downstream separations.
• Start up and shut down of operational plant equipment.
• Control of outside process services.
• Analytical testing.
• CIP of equipment.
• COSHH, Health & Safety rep.
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
University of Teesside 2007 – 2008 (NVQ)
Chemical, Pharmaceutical & Petro- Chemical Operations
Controlling Process Operations III
GSK 2003 (NVQ)
Process Plant Operations II
Langley College 1993 – 1996 (C&G)
Electronics Servicing I & II
• OPITO BOSIET (exp 19.02.2013)
• OGUK offshore medical (exp 27.02.2011)
• OPITO Emergency Response Team Member (date booked for course)
• TTE Rigging and Slinging course (exp 2009)
• Trainer for Trainers , Manual Handling, Fire Training
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
Microsoft word, excel
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
I am currently renovating my property and have learnt various new DIY skills. This has been challenging but enjoyable. In my spare time I like to play team sports and spend time walking my dog. When possible I like to indulge in my favourite pastime which is skydiving/ parachuting