Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Industrial electrician / instrumentation, maintenance, construction, supervisor - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment?
Vocational in Electrician Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: Canada Present Location: Canada, Vernon Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
I am an industrial/construction electrician with a technical diploma in industrial instrumentation from BCIT. I am seeking a position with an innovative company where I can apply my experience and knowledge to increase productivity within their operation as well as advance my career to a new level.
Having 24 years of industrial experience in a wide range of industry’s I have developed skills in the programming and trouble shooting of PLC’s, robotic’s, AC and DC drives as well as other micro processor based controllers.
For the last 18 years I have been working in industrial construction, service and maintenance. I have been responsible for electrical design, installations, equipment programming and maintenance. Prior to I spent 5 years working as an electrical contractor in the automobile industry. There my responsibilities included electrical installations, programming, commissioning and startup as well as training on a host of high volume automated production lines.
It is my goal to continue to expand my knowledge of industrial automation and would appreciate your consideration if such a career position became available in your company.
- Electrical Service and maintenance/construction.
- Service and repairs of electrical mining equipment on the surface and underground. - Installation and commissioning of 4160V substations and distribution switch gear. - Maintained 10 Mw diesel generators.
- Installation and commissioning of various VFD’s, micro processor based equipment, gas detection, temperature and level controls etc.
2004 – 2006 Aslan Services Ltd. – Electrician.
- Service and Maintenance of light industrial and commercial equipment.
- Extensive troubleshooting and repair of all types of electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Large percentage of work performed on municipal facilities, recreational building, swimming pools, pumps, water conditioning, ice making plants.
- 1 on 1 communication with customer, estimation’s of work require, time and cost involved.
- On 24 hr emergency call.
2000 – 2003 Synergy Pacific Wood Solutions - Head Electrician
- Responsible for and supervised all in-house electrical installations.
- Engineered distribution of 600V equipment and Motor control centers.
- Engineered all in-house control systems in both relay and PLC logic
- Responsible for PLC programming, commissioning and startup.
- Installation and start-up of various frequency drives. - Performed routine maintenance on pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Industrial Instrumentation Technician Diploma Program at BCIT.
1994 - 1998 Milestone Wood Products - Head Electrician
- Electrical and mechanical maintenance in sawmill and remanufacturing plants.
- Responsible for programming and trouble shooting of PLC’s and other micro processor based automation equipment.
- Omron PLC’s
- Siemens PLC’s and frequency drives.
- Grecon optimizing equipment and automated finger jointing line.
- Electric closed loop controls over pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Fiber fueled boiler supplying dry kilns and plant climate control.
- Electrical construction, distribution and lighting.
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
1999 - BCIT - Industrial Instrumentation Service Technician Diploma, Burnaby, B.C.
1994 - Omron Advanced PLC’s - Omron - Vancouver, B.C.
1986 - SAIT - Modicon PLC programming 1 & 2 Calgary, AB.
1986 - Westinghouse PLC’s - Westinghouse, Calgary, AB
1984 - High voltage termination’s - Fairview College, Fairview, AB
1984 - Electrical trade certification - Fairview College, Fairview, AB
1979 - Grade 12 Matriculation Diploma, Didsbury, AB
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]