CV Remote Site Medic, Sabre International Security, Najaf International Airport, Iraq
Remote Site Medic, Sabre International Security, Najaf International Airport, Iraq
Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Remote Site Medic, Sabre International Security, Najaf International Airport, Iraq - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment?
Location (Residence): Wallsend, United Kingdom Citizenship:United Kingdom
English United Kingdom Other:
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Vocational in Nursing Studies Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: European Union, UK (in particular), Norway Present Location: United Kingdom, Newcastyle Upon Tyne Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
I am currently working as a remote site medic and am looking to have a change. I have been currently working in this role since December an am looking to see if I can find a roll with slightly more variation and more clinical input.
Since December 2007 I have been working on vessels and although this has eased me a gradually into my new roll I do not feel that I am learning as much as I would like to or being challenged in the way in which I am accustomed.
After finishing university I worked within the Emergency Department for three years I am qualified in Advanced Life Support and Advanced Trauma Nursing, the roles I have been given so far have not enabled me to utilise my skills.
Finally I also believe that a job should enhance your life and your ability to live it. I believe in this ethos and would love the opportunity to advance through job training and continuing medical education.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
Remote site Medic,
February 2009 to present, Sabre International Security, Najaf International Airport, Iraq
• Setting up all medical services for Najaf Airport
• Sole medic for 300 to 500 People.
• Responsible for ALS, ATLS, PHTLS and medical services.
Remote site Medic
December 2007 to February 2009, Frontier Medical Services, Various Countries
• Work independently.
• Manage own patient caseload.
• Responsible for the health and hygiene of both the ship and seismic crews.
• Providing full medical cover in the event of an accident or injury, including Medevac cover to airports.
• Undertook First Aid Training sessions for the crew.
• Promoted a number of lifestyle issues including alcohol awareness, safe sex and healthy eating.
• Carried out health and hygiene inspections.
September 2004 to December 2007, Accident & Emergency, Newcastle
• To maintain a high standard of care delivery within the Accident and Emergency department.
• Assisting with the assessment of care need.
• Implementation and evaluation of programmes of care.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Effective report writing skills
• Knowledge and awareness of several specialities
• Effective organisation and time management skills
• Basic it skills
• Intravenous drug administration
• Responsible for the ordering and maintenance of specialist equipment
HM Forces (Army)
June 1992 to June 1999, Commando, Special Observer, Various postings
• Work as a member of a four man patrol carrying out covert observation.
• Service and maintain communication and optical equipment.
• Work within strict operational procedures.
• Display excellent verbal communicative skill.
• Work within varied and dangerous operational theatres.
• Extensive work with Seaking, Puma, and Lynx Helicopters
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
• Northumbria University, Newcastle Upon Tyne
September 2001 to September 2004
Nursing Studies (Registered Nurse)
Advanced Diploma. UK Pin Number
• Norwegian Nursing Registration Number
• Intermediate life support
• Northern region Accident and Emergency induction Course (1 day)
• Facilitating learning and assessment in the practice environment Northumbria University (20 credits level 6)
• Advanced Life Support (December 2009)
• Advanced Trauma Life Support (Observer) (March 2010)
• Basic Life Support Instructor
• Advanced Trauma Nursing Course(July 2010)
• Pan European Offshore Safety and Survival Training, including HUET, LAPP Combined Lifejacket & Re-breather and EBS (Falk Nutec Sept 2010)
• HSE Approved Offshore Medics Certificate incorporating, Advanced Life Support Skills, Clinical Update and Administration of Thrombolysis and Offshore First Aid (Capita Dec 2010)
• Chain of Custody in Drug and Alcohol Testing (Medscreen)
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
I am computer literate and have a good working knowledge of most of the common programs in use.
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
I believe that I am very keen to learn and I am a very organised person. I am very prompt and efficient when I can be.
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
I am a keen Skier and enjoy walking and navigating across the mountains.