Masters in Chemistry Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: Ghana Present Location: Ghana, Samreboi Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
I am a qualified professional, who is currently working in a natural protein sweetener processing plant, with vast experience in Good Manufacturing Practices, Quality Management System and Food Safety Management System . I have 23 years experience in the manufacturing industry with postgraduate qualification in chemistry. I also possess certificates having passed lead auditor courses in ISO 9001 and ISO 22000.
` I am an enterprising leader with abilities in leading multi-skilled motivated teams to achieve organizational goals and industry best practices. I am exceptionally well organized with a track record that demonstrates self-motivation, creativity and initiative to achieve corporate goals. The fact that I have been able to implement ISO 22000 and KOSHER independentlty, bear testimony to the above fact. In fact my present company is the first in Ghana to be ISO 22000 certified.
I have proven abilities to enhance production & process operations; optimize resource & capacity utilization; escalate productivity & operational efficiencies; while curtailing costs across organizations. Improvisations done in the present organizations, by way of modifications in process are indicators to this.
If you find my credentials interesting and befitting your requirements, you may consider my candidature. Please find attached my resume for your reference.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
Experience Production Manager cum Food safety Coordinator 2006 July onwards with Samartex Timber & Plywood Company Limited, Thaumatin Division, GHANA, Africa
1) Implemented Food Safety Management System Fully responsible for getting division certified for ISO 22000:2005(first company in Ghana to be certified ISO 22000)
2) Instrumental in getting KOSHER certification for the product
3) ISO 9001:2000 Lead Auditor (Passed lead auditor training course conducted by SGS in Oct 06 – recognized by IRCA)
4) ISO 22000:2005 Lead Auditor (Passed lead auditor training course conducted by SGS in mar 08 – recognized by IRCA)
5) Effected process improvisation in the plywood division thereby managing a saving of about 10000 USD per month.
6) Again, suggested manufacture of plywood glue in the company itself by putting up a glue reactor, which could effect a saving to the tune of about 12000 USD per month. Plant to be commissioned by May’2009.
7) Suggested drinking water supply to the company from thaumatin department, to combat the economic crisis in early 2009, with the help of RO and UV units existing in plant effecting a saving of 1000 USD per month.
8) Suggested bulk formulation of sweetener, procured ribbon blender and commissioned in October 2008.
Manager Production & MR ISO 9001:2000 1999 Apr –2006 June Merchem Limited Kochi, Kerala (company is the manufacturer of rubber chemical accelerators and antioxidants.
§ Distinction in enhancing production capacity & subsequently maintaining quality standards. Drove initiatives to enhance production capacity from around 480 MT p a to 2400 MT p a
§ Maintained Quality Management System effectively. Passed certification and surveillance audits without any hiccups.
§ Successfully implemented process modification thereby resulting in cost savings.
§ Instrumental in improving raw material consumption norms & product yields.
§ Registered a reduction in quality rejections & customer complaints.
§ Efficiently introduced new systems & streamlined process/procedures thereby enhancing product output and yield.
§ Attended training course for ISO 9001 Internal Auditor in 2006
§ Attended 2-day workshop for Management Representatives from different companies, conducted by Productivity Council, Kalamassey in Jan 2006
Plant In Charge 1995-99 Shrirang Agrochem P Ltd Tarapur, Maharashtra (manufacturer of agrochemical intermediates)
Senior Chemist 1987-93 Garware Polyster Vile Parle E, Mumbai (manufacturer X Ray films for Medical, Industrial, Dental applications)
§ Expertise in implementing & maintaining management Systems§ Expertise in planning & controlling the production operations as per the capacity available and optimizing human and capital resources for maximizing production.
§ Adept in the planning maintenance schedules, streamlining existing plant processes, maintaining inventories and co-ordinating purchase of raw materials for timely availability. TechnicalExpertise in handling§ high pressure reactions,
§ various drying systems like RVD,FBD, continuous dryer, freeze dryer etc
§ distillation systems,
§ various filtrations systems like centrifuge, ANF, candle filters ,mf, uf systems etc
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
MSc Chemistry – 1985 (73%) – Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala
BSc Chemistry – 1983 (84%) – Kerala University
S S L C from Govt Model Boys' High School, Mavelikara - 1978(65%)
Passed Lead Auditor Course for ISO 22000 from SGS Ghana in March 2008
Passed Lead Auditor Course for ISO 9001 from SGS Ghana in October 2007
Presently doing Six Sigma Green belt course from IIEM, India(online)
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
Expert in MS Office - MS Word, MS Excel, Power point
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]