CV/Resume ID no.:
92428 Last Updated:
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Location (Residence): Houston, United States Citizenship:United States
English United States Other:
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Bachelors in Chemical Engineering Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: United States Present Location: United States, Houston Relocation: United States, United States
Health & Safety
Health & Safety
Health & Safety
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
Experienced Safety Manager with demonstrated ability leading a safety organization and achieving excellent results as recognized by the chemical industry and peers. Known for ability to manage people, lead teams, solve problems, as well as develop and implement programs. Recognized for verbal communication skills, along with excellent leadership abilities and dedication to staff and co-workers. A background in Chemical Engineering and Production Management with enhanced understanding of customer perspectives and the ability to improve communications and build strong working relationships.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
Coordinated safety efforts for site, established site goals, implemented processes and procedures to achieve safety goals.
• Reduced injury rate from 9.9 to 0.43 by reorganizing the site safety programs and creating an environment where safety was a value and employees saw the value in working safely.
• Implemented behavior based safety observation program where employees became their brother’s keeper and helped one another work safer and reduce risks. Each employee was required to observe another employee working at least twice a month and give that employee feedback on his safety performance.
• Developed and implemented site wellness program. Formed a “Managing Total Health” committee whose goal was to have employees voluntarily participate in wellness activities. Sponsored exercise classes and employee health assessments, and gave demonstrations on how to correctly and safely use fitness equipment. Over 70 site employees walked Route 66, and each year over 150 employees attended brown bag seminars related to health.
• Recognized for safety performance by Texas Chemical Council 15 of last 18 years.
• Reduced lost time injury rate to 0.05. This was accomplished by effectively managing minor injuries and eliminating or reducing injury causation factors.
• Won Texas Chemical Council Best-in-Texas Safety Award in 2007. The annual award is given to the chemical company that does the best job at maintaining a safe work environment, contributing to the safety of the chemical industry in Texas and improving community safety through community outreach efforts.
• Nominated for Safety Professional of the year five times for volunteer activities for the Texas Chemical Council.
AKZO NOBEL - Pasadena, TX 1983-1991
Managed an $80 Million FCC production facility after managing a $40 million HPC production facility. Supervised 30 to 50 salaried and hourly employees. Scheduled production, maintenance, raw materials and shipments.
• Implemented Statistical Process Control and Managing Total Quality principles which improved product quality by 30%. Analyzed each step in the process and made changes which produced a more consistent product.
• Increased production rates 33% by analyzing reasons for downtime and making changes to increase unit on-stream time. Provided training, challenged employees to take pride in their work, and changed the scheduling process, all of which contributed to increased production.
• Reduced waste emissions and improved yield 15% by optimizing operations. Investigated and discovered reasons for large losses in raw materials yields and made numerous adjustments which increased both yields and production rates.
• Reduced energy costs 15% by optimizing natural gas efficiency and reducing fugitive emissions.
• Trained and developed unit supervisors in leadership principles. The supervisors led the efforts to increase productivity, develop employee’s skills and promoted teamwork and cooperation.
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
B.S., Chemical Engineering, Texas A&M University - College Station, TX.
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
Presentation and Facilitation Skills
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
I am passionate about safety and all injuries are preventable.