Location (Residence): Sheerness, United Kingdom Citizenship:United Kingdom
English United Kingdom Other:
English United Kingdom
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
High School in MATHEMATICS Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: European Union, UK (in particular) Present Location: England, Sheerness Relocation: Anywhere (International)
Health & Safety
Health & Safety
Health & Safety
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
As you will see from my attached CV, I have consistently gained qualifications within Health & Safety and I started the Level 4 NVQ in September last year, along with a NEBOSH environmental management course. I also have membership of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health as a TechIOSH. I have experience as a Health and Safety Consultant servicing a broad spectrum of clients, I also have hands on experience operating production line machinery and looking into potential safety risks in the workplace. I now wish to develop a career within Health & Safety further and am therefore looking for a new and suitably challenging position.
I believe that my key qualities are my ability to see both sides of a problem and to provide objective resolutions, combined with my talent for effective organisation and prioritisation. I see myself as a highly dedicated and strongly driven individual.
I would very much welcome the opportunity to discuss how I can contribute to your organisation and I look forward to hearing from you.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
1 I had the responsibility of ensuring that the company complied with all legislative requirements
2 Updating, revising and re writing all policies relating to my responsibilities
3 Training, Ensuring that all competencies were kept up to date
4 Liaising with enforcing authorities (HSE, Fire Authorities, Environmental Health)
5 Liaising with clients relating to my responsibilities (ISG, MODUS, COMO, Schneider, MACE etc)
6 Training i.e. Toolbox talks, how to conduct harness inspections
7 Writing risk assessments and method statements.
8 Site audits to ensure regulatory compliance
9 Set up systems to enable company to apply for ISO 14001 + 18001
10 Have an understanding of both company and client requirements so as to ensure compliance of both.
2008-3 months Health and Safety Advisor
1 Carrying out site inspections to ensure compliance with both company and client policies which included identifying scaffold problems
2 Writing out of site Health and Safety plans and assisting with the implementation of these plans
3 Writing out of site Health and Safety emergency plans and assisting with the implementation of these plans
4 Policy writing
5 Accident investigation and report writing
6 Bovis Homes South East Safety Advisor, this involved covering all of thier new build sites in Kent, Sussex, Surrey.
2006-2008 Health and Safety Consultant / Trainer
Medway Safety, Chatham, Kent.
1 Delivering training courses accredited by the CIEH, IOSH along with unaccredited courses which included scaffold appreciation courses
2 Carrying out Health and Safety Consultancy work for a diverse range of companies, Construction/production/sporting venues (Lawn tennis Association)
3 Writing policies,
4 Carrying out and writing up risk assessments,
5 Safety audits,
6 Assist with staying complient for accreditation such as ISO9001,14001,18001, CHAS etc
7 Scaffold inspections,
8 Course development and delivering.
9 Companies that I had dealings with included ISG (refurbishment of offices within London), Bovis Lendlease (refurbishment of offices within London), Skillcrown (refurbishment of both private and commercial buildings within London), Clancy Docwra (New build, sub contractor approval, training) and Sajen 2000 (fire protection to refurbishments within London)
1996-2006 Health and Safety Officer
• Ensuring the safety of all employees (manufacturing and office staff) on my shift as part of the Shift First Aid Team and acting as the Shift Safety Officer
• Undertaking risk assessments, safety inspections and generally giving Health and Safety advise within the offices
• Notifying management of any safety issues arising and implementing remedies immediately when possible and actioning longer term solutions where necessary
• Maintaining records of accidents and near misses in the Internal Health & Safety Management system
• Undertaking risk assessments across the rest of the site as well as safety audits and assisting with safety projects
• Assisting Health and Safety Adviser with whom I have weekly contact or as and when required.
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
• City and Guilds Certificate in Delivering Learning (7302)
• NVQ 4 Occupational Health and Safety (started July 2008)
• NEBOSH Environmental Management course (started August 2008)
• CIEH Level 2 Food Safety in Catering
• Scaffold inspection course (2007)
• IOSH registered trainer
• CIEH Registered trainer
• CIEH Professional Trainers Certificate (2006)
• Institute of Occupational Safety and Health managing safely course (2005)
• Presentation course West Kent College (2005)
• Risk Assessment course West Kent College (2005)
• Fire Risk Assessment Course West Kent College (2005)
• Employment Law course (Jan 2007)
• Member of Institute of Occupational Safety and Health as a TechIOSH
• Health & Safety TUC Level 3 (2004)
• Health & Safety TUC Level 2 (2001)
• Health & Safety TUC Level 1 (2001)
Also I have received recognition by way of an award and a scholarship from IOSH for services to Health and Safety.
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
Word, Excel, Internet & Email
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
Acting as first aider on shifts and working on the production line as a demoulder finisher, packer, fork lift truck operator, intermittent kiln operator and main kiln loader
• Managing a team of 15 employees as Warehouse Foreman for two years, ensuring orders were packed correctly and left on schedule
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES
Governor at a local school
Family days out