CV Senior Software Engineer, Excellent IT skills, require challenging geocomputing role
Senior Software Engineer, Excellent IT skills, require challenging geocomputing role
Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Senior Software Engineer, Excellent IT skills, require challenging geocomputing role - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment?
Location (Residence): Brisbane, Australia Citizenship:Australia
English Australian Other:
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Masters in Computer Science Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: Australia Present Location: Australia, Brisbane Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
To work in a dynamic and supportive environment that provides both challenging and interesting work and will allow me to use use both my IT skills in a geocomputing environment.
An experienced and competent software engineer who has worked in all aspects of the development life cycle with highly developed problem solving skills and the ability to rapidly adapt to new technologies.
A flexible worker who is equally comfortable in a team or an autonomous role who would add value to your organisation.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
Senior Software Engineer for Professional Services RSA, The Security Division of EMC Oct 2005 - Present
Development Engineer RSA, The Security Division of EMC Sept 2001 – Sept 2005
Test/Quality Engineer RSA, The Security Division of EMC Jan 2001 – Aug 2001
Software Engineer BAE Systems Jan 98 – Dec 2000
Analyst Programmer Department of Education, Queensland Jan 97 – Jan 98
Software Engineer CSC Australia Sept 91 – Dec 96
Software Engineer Ferranti-Thomson Sonar systems Jan 89 – Jul 91
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
M.Sc Computing Science, University of Bradford, 1998.
B.Sc Geophysics, University College Cardiff, 1984
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
* Experience in all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
* Good understanding of software development methodologies, e.g Agile.
* Proficient in "C" and Java programming languages.
* Proficient in OS such as Unix, Linux.
* Experience with test tools such as HP spectrum and network analysers.
* Experience with a variety of difference hardware such as port servers, TCP/IP, RS232, Ethernet.
* Good understanding of cryptography.
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
* Excellent communication and verbal skills.
* Excellent team player.
* Provided project scoping, estimation times and assessment of risks.
* Worked with overseas colleagues and sub-contractors to provide customer solutions at customer sites.
* Managed technical solutions for clients.
* Developed an understanding of the risk and timeframes involved in porting software to a variety of hardware platforms.
* Experience seismic data processing.
* Experience in marine seismic data acquisition.
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]