Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Expert Geophysicist / Explorationist, Oil Search working onshore / offshore PNG - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment?
Location (Residence): sydney, Australia Citizenship:Australia
English United Kingdom Other:
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Bachelors in geology/geophysics Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: European Union, UK (in particular), Australia Present Location: australia, sydney Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
Experienced Geophysicist / explorationist with over 30 years experience. I am based in Sydney Australia but willing to relocate on a single person basis. I have held management positions but most recently I have worked as a Senior geophysicist for Oil Search working onshore / offshore PNG.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
Executive Summary ·
32 years petroleum exploration experience ranging from Frontier basin exploration to appraisal and development.· October 2002 March 2009· Past 6 years as Senior Geophysicist with Oil Search (Sydney) interpreting all regions of PNG (Thrust belt; Foreland; Offshore)· February 2000 October 2002· Consulting and Company start-up· March 1994 February 2000· Cultus Petroleum (Sydney) initially (years 1 4) as Chief Geophysicist and the final two years as Exploration Manager with a portfolio of 33 permits, 16 operated (offshore & onshore) managing a staff of 14 (10 geoscientists; 4 support)· June 1989 March 1994· BHP Petroleum Team Leader Timor Sea (1991 1994)· Senior Geophysicist 1989 1991· February 1982 June 1989· Santos Senior Geophysicist · January 1980 1982· Esso Australia Senior Geophysicist (Operations)· October 1977 March 1980· United Geophysical Party Manager (Nigeria; Australia)· Trainee seismic observerKey competencies
· Proven Oil & Gas finder. · Over 30 years technical experience within Australia, Asia and Africa with operating oil companies,.· Geoscientific expertise in onshore and offshore, shallow and deep water blocks in a large variety of structural and sediment logical regimes. · Experienced in upstream workflows from seismic processing through geophysical and geological interpretation, volume estimation and risk assessment. · A good understanding on the petroleum system and the economics and risking associated · Excellent computing skills. · Confident leader and mentor. · Outcome focused. · Highly motivated and ambitious with a very strong professional work ethic
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
Bsc Hons University of Liverpool graduated 07/07/1977. I have had many industry coursesover the years on structural geology, geophysics, prosect generation and analysis, risking, volume estimation, first pass economics, petrophysics, sequence stratigraphy plus various management courses.
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
Proficient with Geoframe IESX and Kingdom seismic interpretation software, also Landmark software(but not recently) , Petrel, Petrosys mapping software, REP and GeoX volume / risk softawre, GX2 modelling package. Hampson Russell AVO / Inversion package (but not recently) and the usuall power point, excel and word
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
I have worked as a geophysicist in acquisition, client processing QC, seismic interpretation, Team Leader and Exploration Manager supervising a technical team of 14 people.
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]