CV Marine diesel mechanic and marine mechanic, Tidewater SR in Angola, PetroSa Platform
Marine diesel mechanic and marine mechanic, Tidewater SR in Angola, PetroSa Platform
Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Marine diesel mechanic and marine mechanic, Tidewater SR in Angola, PetroSa Platform - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment?
Location (Residence): Brackenfell, South Africa Citizenship:South Africa
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Vocational in earthmoving dieselmechanics Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: Angola Present Location: South Africa, Western Cape Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
I am an excellent heavy duty Diesel mechanic and marine mechanic with 15 years experience.
I am interested in a job opening as an assistant- or rig mechanic as it is a passion of mine to work in the oil industry. I’ve done my best to build up a good reputation at my 2 previous employers by being a skilled, dedicated, honest hard worker and doing my work dilligently. This is the same qualities I would like to offer your company and in doing so be a valuable asset.
Although I firmly believe in myself and my abilities, I do realize that starting on an entry level will be my best option to prove myself for a better position.
I am currently employed by Tidewater SR in Angola on a 2 monthly contract
basis for the last 2,5 years as a working supervisor/diesel mechanic and
my working visa expires in a year's time due to the ''blue stamp"
legislation in Angola.
Previously I worked for Barloworld Equipment Company (CAT). During my career at Barloworld I have worked on the De Beers Diamond Vessels like the Gariep, Coral sea, Grand banks etc. I have also worked on the PetroSa Platform.
I would like to work on a 28/28 rotation if possible. My current salary is $290 USD
Should you give me the opportunity to be part of your company, I will give you 101% of myself! I am also willing to undertake any maritime safety course necessary, as may be required by my new employer.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
Marine Diesel mechanic Rotation 8/4 and Working mechanical supervisor
- Onshore mechanic on fast crew change boats, Boston Whaler and security patrol boats
- Overhaul, repairs and fault finding on Caterpillar Engines, Yamaha and Mercury Engines
- Downloads and reprogramming on Caterpillar Electronic Engines
- Repair and overhauling of twindisc Gearboxes
- Repair and overhauling of hydraulic components
- Alignment of components
- Electrical fault finding
- Stocktaking of parts
- Do arrangements for boat lifting
- Oversee everything runs smoothly
: Earthmoving / Marine Diesel Mechanic
- Overhaul, repair, maintenance and trouble shoot on all Caterpillar Earth Moving Machines
- Overhaul, repair, fit, maintenance, sea trial and commission of marine and industrial caterpillar and Perkins engines
- Overhaul, repair and trouble shoot on marine gearboxes and drives
- Maintenance, overhaul, trouble shoot on caterpillar fire pumps
- Downloads, loading of software, trouble on all electronic marine, industrial and earthmoving caterpillar machines
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
High school diploma (gr 12) in 1993
National Trade Certificate for Earthmoving Equipment Diesel Mechanic (With Distinction) in 1997
Marine Analyst Course
3126 Heui Engines
C12 EUI Engines
Electronic Technical Download on Electronic Engines
Basic Introduction Survival Course
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
MS Word and SIS programme
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
I am well capable of leadership and challenging situations
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
I am honest, hard working and have a passion for my trade. I accept new challenges and enjoy solving mechanical problems (troubleshooting). I have a great knowledge of earthmoving and marine engines. I do my work dilligently and have had exceptional training at Barloworld (Caterpillar – my first employers). In my almost 3 years with my current employer I have been promoted to working supervisor , was offered to work in bigger workshop which included the ancer handlers and supply vessels (still in progress) and I have proven myself as a reliable hard worker. The reason I am applying for another job is because of Angola's legislation that you may only work there for 3 years and therefor my visa expires in about a year's time.