CV Production Technician, Trainer Wesfarmers LNG/LPG, OPITO BOSIET MSIC
Production Technician, Trainer Wesfarmers LNG/LPG, OPITO BOSIET MSIC
Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Production Technician, Trainer Wesfarmers LNG/LPG, OPITO BOSIET MSIC - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment?
Location (Residence): Mandurah, Australia Citizenship:Australia
English Australian Other:
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
No Degree Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: Australia Present Location: Australia, Perth Relocation: Anywhere (International)
Plant (Refinery, Gas...)
Plant (Refinery, Gas...)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
I have worked in the petrochemical/gas industry for the past 20 years and am now looking to expand on the experience I have gained. I am a fully qualified operator and hold a Diploma in Plant Technology. As you can see in my resume I hold numerous qualifications in all aspects of this industry including my Turbine certificate and Intermediate Boiler Operator certificate.
Having been in this industry for this period I am multi skilled in all facets of production. I have always been required to have a hands on approach to the operation and processes. This also included all maintenance issues. It was also a requirement to maintain a high skill level in all areas therefore working on a continuing rotation system from panel operation to outside operation of the production plant which also included regular day assignment of planning and scheduling maintenance. I have been heavily involved in turnarounds, plant upgrades as a coordinator which involved the control and issuing of permits to work.
I have been recently recruited on contract by Wesfarmers at their new LNG/LPG plant (Kwinana WA) and am currently living away from home. I am employed as their training supervisor and hold a Certificate IV in Training & Assessment with the main task being to formulate skill standards from the construction manual into a training manual. During this process have been liaising with various external departments as well as internal engineers, shift controllers & production manager. My role also involves training operators to competencies as set in these skill standards and producing a more up to date computer testing program for them. In my short time here I have also organised a consultative committee to achieve best results.
I fully aware that within this industry the emphasis on the safety of equipment, staff and environment are of the utmost importance and I have been personally involved in the HS&E system as a recognised representative, for which I hold two qualifications. Also with my many years experience within this industry my work ethic has always been to establish and maintain a teamwork focus to be able to achieve the best possible result.
I appreciate you taking the time to read my resume and hope that you would consider my application for this position.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
Current Employer: Wesfarmers LNG/LPG
Position Held: Training Supervisor
Duties / Responsibilities:
• Formulating the skill standards from the construction manual into training manual
• Training existing operators
• Liaison with the Department of Mines and Energy with our licence to operate with regards to competency.
• Interaction with engineers, shift controllers, production manager on new procedures and training manual and the up skilling of the operator group.
• Setting training schedule
• Working with outside agencies to achieve the national certificate for all operators.
• Creating & Chair of consultative committee to achieve best results on training, safety and up skilling through computer base programs and hands on.
• Rewrite & update LPG manuals and procedures to include the changes to new and existing plants.
Employer: Qenos Australia (Olefins)
Position Held: Senior Production Technician
Duties: Cracking and refining LPG, Ethane, Propane and Butane gases in the production of Ethylene product.
• Operation of all plant equipment including isolation and preparation of all equipment
• Maintenance tasks including installation of blinds and decoupling.
• Instrument isolation & electrical lockout.
• Formulate and regulate shutdown operations
• Maintaining and operating utility systems
• Planning, coordinating and supervising continuous maintenance operations
• Control of process variation moves/upsets regulate testing process
• Rotation through all plant units including panel operation
• Permit preparation, control & issue
• Quality Control of end product
• Work in a team environment (Self manage empowered teams)
• Delegated on shift trainer
• Laboratory Sampling & Testing
Employer: Huntsman Chemicals
Position Held: Reactor Operator
Period of Employment: June 1986 to February 1991
• Operation of all equipment including preparation for maintenance
• Lab testing of process
• Control of process changes panel/plant
• Quality Control
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
Courses Completed: • Diploma in Plant Technology
• Certificate IV Training & Assessment
• OPITO BOSIET
• Turbine Operators Certificate
• Intermediate Boilers Certificate
• Fiskville & Sale Fire Officer/Leadership Course
• Level 3 First Aid Course
• Fire Safety Services:
Confined Space Rescue
• OHS Representative Course x 2 (TUTA, Trades Hall)
• Team Leadership Course
• Handling & Storage of Hazardous Materials
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
• Certificate III Information Technology
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
• Bravery for the care and safety of fellow workers: applying First Aid to injured workers
• Proposed improvement for a safer working environment
• Recommending changes to increase productivity