Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Mechanical technician centrifugal pumps, gearboxes, HVAC systems, reactor vessels, heat exchangers - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment?
Location (Residence): Ashington, United Kingdom Citizenship:United Kingdom
English United Kingdom Other:
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Vocational in NVQ3 Mechanical Maintenance Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: UK (in particular) Present Location: United Kingdom, Newcastle Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
To whom it may concern
I’m writing to introduce myself in hopes of joining Your Company for an offshore position and have enclosed a copy of my resume for your review.
My background, skills and talents are in all aspects of mechanical engineering, with a particular emphasis in mechanical fitting and maintenance within a hazardous environment. Having completed a multi skilled mechanical apprenticeship i have skills in general electrical work, a fully trained member of the fire response team at my place of work and ensure a high quality of safety is carried out at all times.
Having recently completed OLF Approved Basic Safety & Emergency Preparedness and OPITO Approved Basic Offshore Induction & Emergency Training, I have also recently completed The Offshore Medical Certificate in Accordance with Oil & Gas Medical Guidance.
I would appreciate the opportunity to meet with you and hope you take the time to read my resume as I feel that my services would be beneficial to this company
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
Key Technical knowledge and experience
• Maintaining a vast range of equipment such as centrifugal pumps, gearboxes, HVAC systems, reactor vessels, heat exchangers, rotary vane pumps, filters, compressors, diaphragm pumps, mechanical seals, chillers units, condensers, centrifugal dryers, extraction fans, scrubber systems, bearings and bushes
• Provide a constant breakdown cover to the plant
• Installation and calibration of new pieces of equipment
• Constantly working with hydraulics and pneumatics
• Problem solving and adaptation to different pieces of machinery and technology.
• Exposure to working with pressure and vacuum systems
• Using correct torque tightening techniques when required
• Always finding ways to improve maintenance with condition monitoring techniques by using vibration analysis and laser alignment
• Routine maintenance on safety equipment such as bursting discs, flame arrestors and pressure relief valves to complete insurance inspections
• Have the ability to use electrical and instrumentation skills when required
• Pipefitting with stainless steel, copper, plastic and Swagelock pipe work
• Working with an onsite permit system, confined space, working at height and hot work permits
• Can read and understand engineering drawings competently
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
• Higher National Certificate in Mechanical Engineering (HNC)
• National Vocational Qualification Level 3 in Engineering Maintenance
• Advanced Double Award in Engineering
• NVQ Level 2 Performing Engineering Operations
• NCFE Key Skills Level 2
• High School Qualifications
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
• Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office applications including, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Ability to use CAD
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
Skills and attributes
• Organised with good planning and prioritising skills
• Communicating with colleagues at all levels
• Thorough with an eye for detail
• Understanding and solving problems
• Recording data as required and keeping it up to date
• Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office applications including, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Able to use CAD systems
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
Full Driving Licence
References available on request