Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Chief Engineer Merchant Navy, Chartered Engineer, Class 1 Marine Engineer officer - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment?
Location (Residence): Kochi, India Citizenship:India
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: Singapore Present Location: India, Cochin Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
A dynamic and goal oriented Chief Engineer, and class 1 Marine Engineer Officer with in-depth academic knowledge as well as invaluable practical skills acquired through significant projects as well as work. A thorough professional with excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills, along with the ability to multitask effectively under challenging conditions. A team player with a positive attitude and an inherent knack of coping with demanding situations and emergencies. Member of Institute of Marine Engineers India, M.I.Mar.E and Member of Institute of Engineers India. M.I.E, Chartered engineer.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
• Have carried out dry docking of PCTC,bulk carrier and container vessels owned by A.P.Moller Singapore.The work involved compiling defects, supervising the work in dock and assist the superintendent to closely monitor the progress to complete the docking as planned.
• Have taken delivery of large container vessel of 6200 TEU with RT-flex engine of 54000 KW from Hanjin ship yard,Korea for Maersk Singapore.It was a valuable exposure of two months where interacted closely with technical managers and yard managers to carry out the task successfully.
• Actively involved in motivating shipboard team to achieve the targets in time as well as to analyse risk in each and every activity so as to achieve accident free work place by imparting new management techniques.
Have conducted classes for junior marine engineers to impart safety culture and also on new technology.
• In charge of the vessels maintenance management for ten years and so have assisted the shore managers in forming annual maintenance budgets as well as the long term maintenance plans. Have closely monitored the vessels annual budget so as to operate the vessel within the allocated budget.
• Have worked closely with shore managers to sort out repair schedules without affecting off hire.
• Supervised repair teams to carry out repairs while sailing as well as in anchorage.
• Trouble shooting any challenges to run the system cost effectively and reliably.
• Involved in closely monitoring cost and implementing cost reduction methods in Fuel.Lube and DRC.
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
Chartered Engineer, Class 1 Marine Engineer officer, Chief Engineer (12 years)
BSc.Engineering,Mechanical (Honours), University of Cochin
Quality Education and Quality Workshop conducted by Maersk
Crew Resource Management and Engine Simulator,Maersk Training centre
Shipboard safety and Training by Maersk training centre
Reefer technical Course by Maersk Training centre
Hydraulic and Pneumatic course by IMTC Bombay
Course on MAN B&W engines by B&W Singapore
Sulzer Mapex-PR training course by Wartsila,Switzerland
Operation and Maintenance of Sulzer RT-flex Engines by Wartsila Switzerland
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
Adequate working knowledge in Windows.
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
Interested in teaching and training.
Spearhead a team to solve challenges on the field as well as off the field.
Can work in a stressful atmosphere to achieve goals in time.
A very good team player.
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]