CV Offshore Mechanical Technician PSN with extensive power generation and maritime experience
Offshore Mechanical Technician PSN with extensive power generation and maritime experience
Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Offshore Mechanical Technician PSN with extensive power generation and maritime experience - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment?
Location (Residence): s-o-t, United Kingdom Citizenship:United Kingdom
English United Kingdom Other:
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
High School in gcse's Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: European Union, UK (in particular) Present Location: England, S-O-T Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
I wish to be considered for work as a mechanical technician preferably offshore but also willing to work onshore. I would prefer a rotational position but would also be willing to relocate if required.
As you can see from my attached CV I have extensive experience in maritime, power generation and offshore experience and would welcome any interest in any positions that you may deem suitable.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
Presently working for PSN as a permanent core crew ‘mechanical technician’ on the Thames platform in the SNS. Undertaking planned and corrective maintenance on all mechanical/ production equipment offshore, in a safe and competent manner, with an emphasis on compressor, generators, diesel/gas engines, pumps and hydraulics initially utilizing SAP but now using Maximo. Maintaining firefighting and mechanical safety equipment in accordance with statutory regulations. Safeguarding the availability and operating condition so that production targets can be achieved. Diagnosing and rectifying faults to enhance maximum availability. Assisting other trades as required within my limits and capabilities/experience. Also seeking to improve offshore knowledge by undertaking ‘gas/oil technology’ course from Atlas interactive.
Prior to this worked at Tilsley and Lovatt as a ‘mechanical technician’ carrying out service work, load testing, diagnostics and defect rectification to gas and diesel driven power generation sets from 8kw to 3.3Mw, UK wide and OFFSHORE. Both fully complying with and implementing all heath and safety regulations.
A skilled senior marine engineering mechanic with over fifteen years experience in the Royal Navy. Responsible for upkeep and implementation of planned/preventative/ reliability centred maintenance on a vast array of mechanical and electrical equipment and systems. Included are diesel powered propulsion/generation, gas turbine propulsion, hydraulics, pneumatics, domestic and heavy electrics up to 6000v. All domestic ships machinery/systems including fire pumps, air compressors, passenger/goods lifts, fire alarm/extinguishing systems (CO2, HALON,BCF,HPSW), firefighting/salvage,bulk fuel/potable water management and HVAC and refrigeration. Also providing training in firefighting and emergency procedures and acting as a team leader in an emergency response role.
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
• NVQ3 ENGINEERING MAINTENANCE (EMTA)
• NVQ ASSESSOR D32/D33 in engineering maintenance (EMTA)
• MECHANICAL ENGINEERING CRAFT STUDIES PT 2 (CITY & GUILDS)
• MECHANICAL SYSTEMS MAINTENANCE (CITY & GUILDS)
• AUXILIARY MACHINERY PLANT OPERATOR (CITY & GUILDS)
• FURTHER OFFSHORE EMERGENCY TRAINING 19 JAN 09 (FLEETWOOD)
• EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM MEMBER ‘FIREFIGHTING’ (INCLUSIVE OF HELIDECK) (OPITO)
• EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM LEADER (OPITO)
• RIGGING LOFT MANAGER (OPITO)
• RIGGING AND LIFTING (OPITO)
• RIGGING AND SLINGING (BANKSMAN) (OPITO)
• LOLER SUPERVISOR (OPITO)
• COXSWAIN ‘Twinfall’ (OPITO)
• CERTIFICATE IN ADVANCED FIREFIGHTING (STCW95)
• LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT COURSES (RNSLAM)
• EUROPEAN COMPUTER DRIVING LICENCE (BCS)
• BULK FLUID MANAGEMENT (Diesel, aviation fuel, potable water)
• BREATHING APPARATUS/ HP AIR CHARGING PANEL MAINTAINER.
• OUTBOARD MOTOR MAINTAINER.
• ABRASIVES WHEEL MAINTAINER.
• CROSSLEY PIELSTICK DIESEL MAINTAINER COURSE.
• 7 GCSE’S FROM SECONDARY SCHOOL
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
Fully conversant with most Microsoft office software. (ECDL)
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
Management and training.
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
Mechanical technical ability, diagnostics, defect rectification and maintenance.
Clear concise management and instructional style.
Responsive, self motivated and capable organiser.
Confident, hard working and determined.