|Rigger / Rope Access Technician Acergy Brazil Frade FPSO Project Chevron Brazil Offshore
Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Rigger / Rope Access Technician Acergy Brazil Frade FPSO Project Chevron Brazil Offshore - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment? Please contact us OR search for another relevant oil CV/Resume in our impressive oil industry database
CV/Resume ID no.:
|Location (Residence): George, South Africa
Citizenship: South Africa
Afrikaans, English South Africa
|Education & Experience:
||Work Authorization & Relocation:
High School in 6 Subjects
Years of Experience:
|Authorized to work in:
European Union, United States, Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Andorra, Angola, Anguilla, Antarctica, Antigua & Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Botswana, Bouvet Island, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Central African Rep., Chad, Chile, China, Christmas Island, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Congo, Dem. Rep., Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cote D'ivoire, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Rep., Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Rep., Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Faroe Islands, Fiji, Finland, France, French Guiana, French Polynesia, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guam, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Islamic Rep. of, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Dem. Rep., Korea, (South), Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lao, Dem. Rep., Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libyan Arab Jama., Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao, Macedonia, FYR, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Martinique, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, Netherlands Antilles, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, Norfolk Island, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Pitcairn, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Reunion, Romania, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Samoa, San Marino, Sao Tome & Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia & Montenegro, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Svalbard, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Syrian Arab Rep., Taiwan, POC, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor (East), Togo, Tokelau, Tonga, Trinidad & Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Virgin Islands, British, Virgin Islands, U.S., Wallis & Futuna, Western Sahara, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
South Africa, George
|1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
I just finished a riser pull-in job for Acergy in Brazil on the FRADE FPSO Project as Rigger and Rope Access Technician. We removed 22 Spool Pieces and pulled in 22 Risers and Umbilical Lines. We set up all the rigging to remove spool pieces, to pull in the risers, installing 6” and 8” pig receivers, flooding heads and for the re-installation of the spool pieces for final leak testing. We assist with the pressure testing and cleaning of the lines. We also torque all the bolts with Hydra Tight Torque Tool and with Hydra Tight Jacks .
I also worked for a company called ADC Texas Rig Services in Angola on an oil rig – Dolphin 111. The project name was – Morsa West Project. I was part of the Rigging team who installed the Flare Boom on the rig. I also did various pipe fitting jobs when we had no rigging jobs to do and served as Fire Watch at times.
I use to be a commercial diver / supervisor class III, in the diamond mining industry on the West Coast of South Africa. I also was skipper / captain of our diamond mining vessels. I also have experience with underwater pneumatic tools, winches, and cranes on deck, rigging work, small vessel operation, welding and cutting.
I worked on large deepwater diamond mining vessels off the coast of South Africa and Namibia;
I operated an underwater mining tool and did all the anchor spreads and planning of the vessel position.
I also worked with all the anchor winches and cables. I operated deck cranes, spliced all the ropes, etc.
I worked for a company who manufacture large diamond processing plants, we assembled the plants in the field, I was responsible for all the heavy lifting, rigging and various fitting jobs out on the worksite.
I did my Offshore Survival, Basic Rigging, Rope Access Level 1, Pre- Sea Familiarisation, etc.
Thank you very much for reading this, looking forward to hearing from you soon.
|2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
Company ACERGY Brazil
Date March 2009 – June 2009
Position Rigger / Rope Access Technician
Location Brazil – Offshore
Vessel / Rig FRADE FPSO
Project Frade FPSO
Client CHEVRON – Brazil
● We did all the rigging to lift out 22 Spool Pieces.
● We used various Rope Access techniques to lift and lower heavy equipment.
● We used Rope Access to install Rigging for the removal of Spool Pieces.
● We pulled in 22 Risers and 4 Umbilical lines from a depth of 1.3km in 8 days.
● We set up all the rigging to remove spool pieces, to pull in the risers, installing 6” and 8”
pig receivers, flooding heads and for the re-installation of the spool pieces for final leak
● We assist with the pressure testing and cleaning of the lines. We also torque all the bolts
with Hydra Tight Torque Tool and with Hydra Tight Jacks .
● Part of commissioning team for the First Oil.
Company ADC-Texas Rig Services
Date October 2008 – March 2009
Position Offshore Rigger
Location Angola – Block 3
Vessel / Rig DOLPHIN 111 (Jack-up Rig)
Project Morsa West
● The work entails a lot of rigging up for various heavy lifts to be put in place, i.e. the flare
boom on the rig.
● Also help with pipe fitting jobs around the platform.
● General work like torque of heavy flanges, re-install airline headers throughout platform
Company Bond Equipment
Date March 2007 – October 2008
Position Rigger / Fitter
Location Klerksdorp, South Africa
Project / Operation Assemble processing plants
● Part of field service technical division team.
● Assembly of 10 – 300 t/h diamond and coal processing plants.
● Various pipefitting jobs.
● Experience in stick welding and cutting.
● Excellent knowledge of reading technical drawings.
Inshore / Offshore
Company Swanvest (Pty) Ltd
Date January 2006 – March 2007
Position Underwater mining operations
Location West Coast, South Africa and Namibia
Vessel GULLVER (45 metres)
Project / Operation Deepwater Diamond Mining (Ocean)
● Operation & maintenance of remote underwater mining tool.
● In charge of mining decisions and position of vessel.
● Had to determine anchor spread layout for mining operations.
● Remotely operated a 45t crane to move mining tool around underwater.
● Responsible for 50t/h diamond processing plant and the crew.
● Operated Barmac 5100 crusher.
● Maintenance on all the hydraulics.
● Production data capture.
● Operated 6t deck crane to take on supplies and fuel tanks.
● Operation and maintenance of large anchor winches.
● Operated rigid inflatable boat to take out anchor spread ropes in bad weather.
● Operation was based on 4 weeks on / 2 weeks off.
Company P & H Inshore Fishing
Date August 2005 – January 2006
Position Safety Officer / 2nd Mate
Location Offshore, East Coast, South Africa
Vessel Petrie – Hein (22 metres)
Project / Operation Long Line Fishing (Commercial)
● Appointed as Safety Officer on the MFV “Petrie-Hein” in Richards Bay for P&H Inshore
● Operated fish finding instruments and all other navigational equipment.
● Did maintenance on generators, main engine and freezer plant.
Date January 2000 – August 2005
Position Skipper / Supervisor / Diver
Location Alexander Bay, South Africa
Vessel Various vessels (12 – 21 metres)
Project / Operation Shallow water diamond mining
● Skipper of various diamond vessels.
● In charge of surveys and prospecting for new diamond fields.
● Dive team supervisor, had 4 divers under my supervision at a time.
● Excellent small craft handling in bad weather.
● Experience with harbour mooring repairs.
● Experience with hydraulics and air compressors.
● Experience with underwater pneumatic- and hydraulic tools.
● Was permanently responsible for every single crew member on board the vessel.
|3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
Alexander Bay High School 1994 – 1997.
Matriculated in 6 subjects.
Played rugby, tennis and competed in athletics and other sport.
IRATA Rope Access Technician (Level 1)
Offshore Survival, H.U.E.T, Fire Fighting and First Aid Training
Basic Rigging Course (Module 1)
Barmac 5100 Crusher Course
Offshore Diamond Mining Training (Spatial Dimensions – Cape Town)
Safety Officer (Long Line Fishing Vessel)
Skipper Certificate (AI over 9m)
Commercial Diving Supervisor Class III
Commercial Diver Class III
|4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
|5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
Skipper of 25ton vessels
|6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
|I am looking for any rigging job offshore