CV Journeyman Electrician Comp Ex EX01-EX04 Middle East Kellogg Brown and Root (KBR)
Journeyman Electrician Comp Ex EX01-EX04 Middle East Kellogg Brown and Root (KBR)
Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Journeyman Electrician Comp Ex EX01-EX04 Middle East Kellogg Brown and Root (KBR) - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment?
Location (Residence): leigh on sea, United Kingdom Citizenship:United Kingdom
English United Kingdom Other:
Spanish Modern Sort
Education & Experience:
Work Authorization & Relocation:
Vocational in electrical installation engineering Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: European Union, UK (in particular), United States, Australia, Canada, New Zealand Present Location: england, london Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
I am an enthusiastic ambitious man who wants to join a team of good engineers and progress with my electrical career. I realise i don't have any offshore experience and so I am looking for a roustabout entry level position to learn the rigs and hopefully progress into the electrical field. I am a hard worker and take responsibility in everything I do.
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
Kellogg Brown and Root (KBR) current employment
I am currently employed as a journeyman electrician on the LOGCAP 3 project in the Middle East, where my duties are to install good quality electrical installations to the British standard/US nec code. I repair various plant and equipment in the event of breakdowns, troubleshoot pump production faults within the water treatment plant and identify problems with some older systems. Being aware of technological advances and encouraging my employer to implement them here has been a challenge too but has paid off.
Reddans contractors (UK 2008-2009)
Here I was employed as an electrical maintenance operative where my duties were to document and record any recommended remedial works on various installations of different nature. Included in my role was the testing and commissioning of new/old circuitry wiring in industrial, domestic and commercial properties and to recognize/replace any wearing parts before the slow down of production.
Living Electrics (Australia, December 2006 - January 2008)
This company is based in Melbourne, Australia with many ongoing projects Australia wide. I was responsible for regulated installations ranging from rewiring industrial properties, moving plant and machinery, breakdown troubleshooting and motor logistics the projects had maintenance follow up contracts with all planned preventative maintenance reports documented and filed. I worked here until 2008 when I decided to go back to the UK.
Castle Point Gas and Heating (January 2000 – September 2006)
I started my employment here as an apprentice and worked with qualified electricians for four years until I passed all my assessments and exams and started working on my own. I was responsible for installing electrical services for domestic gas heating systems. Working alone and as part of a team I installed, commissioned, tested, and maintained wiring systems supplying controls to domestic heating including solenoid gas valves, gas detector alarms, relay switching devices and systematic electronic controls. The job involved site safety meetings every week to ensure standards are met and any occupational health and safety issues are brought to light. Part of my role was supervising sub contractors and employees of the company in an effort to meet deadlines.
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
Prospects, Basildon (2008)
• Comp Ex EX01-EX04 Competent electrician in explosive atmospheres
South East Essex College, Southend-on-Sea (1999 – 2001)
• City and Guilds Electrical installations theory and practice Part 1
• City and Guilds Basic Electronics Part 1
• City and Guilds Electrical Science and Principles Part 2
• City and Guilds Electrical Installations and Regulations Part 2
• City and Guilds level 3 certificate in Electrical installations
• City and Guilds level 3 certificate in the requirements for Electrical installations (BS7671 16th Edition June 2001)
While I was working in Australia I was required, under Australian law, to self certify my projects and in order to do this I had to undertake a series of assessments and written exams. My achievements include the following:
VicTec, Technical College, Melbourne, Australia (2007)
• 2007 First Aid Emergency Life support
• 2006 First Aid Emergency response course dedicated to water survival
• Safe Working practice
• Licensed Electricians Theory
• Licensed Electricians Practical
• Australian A Class Electricians license holder
• Construction fixed wiring NECA course
• Occupational Health and Safety
• OSHA health and safety
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
I am computer literate and have completed PC courses in Excel, and powerpoint
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
I have always worked in and around construction so have a good knowledge on how schedules are run and kept to. Also in my present role I am foreman of all construction projects currently running on my base.
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
In my spare time i enjoy recreational scuba diving and football.