CV Principal Naval Architect offshore engineering, J Ray McDermott Singapore, IRS, LRS and GL rules
Principal Naval Architect offshore engineering, J Ray McDermott Singapore, IRS, LRS and GL rules
Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Principal Naval Architect offshore engineering, J Ray McDermott Singapore, IRS, LRS and GL rules - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment?
Masters in Industrial Engg Years of Experience:
Authorized to work in: Singapore Present Location: Singapore, Singapore Relocation: Anywhere (International)
1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
I am a naval architect with 18 years experience in ship design, classification and in oil and gas sector.
Please find attached the CV containing my personal details and experience.
Visiting lecturer at the Maritime Training Institute of the Shipping Corporation of India. This institute is affiliated to the World Maritime Institute, USA.
Was selected as Technical Manager, Samsung Heavy Industries, Koje, Korea in 2004-05. Unfortunately, could not join due to lack of educational facilities for my child.
Worked in prestigious projects in Germany and Russia as a consultant for the Govt of India
Presently employed as Principal Naval Architect for a leading US based EPC company in Singapore
2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
A. J Ray Mcdermott
Designation: Principle Naval Architect
Date: April 2008 onwards
Projects: - Various analysis of barge and jacket system for Central Production and Living Quarter jackets. These activities are for a major offshore project based in South East Asia. The scope of work includes:
- Stability and Motion analysis of barge and jacket
- Longitudinal strength analysis of the barge during load out of jacket and during transportation.
- Launch sensitivity analysis
- Launch structural analysis
- Upending and set-down analysis
- Calculations for buoyancy requirement during jacket launch and upending. Estimation of buoyancy tank weights and net buoyancy
- Load-out analysis of jackets and topsides.
- Selection of barges for a specific project based on naval architecture requirements.
The above are done using Moses software.
B. SeaTech Solutions A leading ship design and consultancy company based in Singapore
Designation: Engineering Manager
Date: October 2007 to March 2008
Project:- Stability and strength calculation for various types of small and medium sized crafts, design of layout based on owners’ requirements, calculation of loads in the marine environment which are later used to design the local structure on the vessel were the major work scope.
Some of the major projects where I had contributed were:
1. Jumboization of Pipe-lay Barge.
2. Design of AHT for a major shipyard.
3. Design of Fast Patrol Vessel for the Turkish navy.
4. Various Other Jobs related to Naval Architecture.
C. Indian Register of Shipping, a leading IACS associate member classification society based in India.
Designation: Senior Surveyor
Duration: 8 years (July 1999 to Sept 2007)
1. Stability and damage stability analysis of bulk carriers and tankers
2. Hull condition monitoring, design of Condition Assessment Program (CAP) for ship hull and machinery
3. Approval of load-out and transportation analysis for external offshore engineering clients
4. Scantling calculations
5. Hull Plan Approval for large number of bulk carriers, tankers, offshore supply vessels, tugs, etc.
6. Developing software for different naval architecture related calculations
Department of Ocean Development, Govt of India
Designation: Senior Project Engineer
Duration: 9 years (March 1990 to June 1999)
Project: Design for different kind of ROVs with various pay-loads, as required by the Govt of India
Goa Shipyard Ltd
Designation: Junior Engineer
Duration 1 year (1989 – 1990)
Project: Detail engineering of Offshore Patrol Vessel (OPV) for Indian Coast Guard
3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
• B.Tech (Naval Architecture) from IIT Kharagpur in 1987
• M.Tech (Industrial Eng. And Operation Research) from IIT Kharagpur in 1989
4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
Motion analysis, strength evaluation, launching and upending calculations with MOSES software.
Ship design, calculations and drawings.
Scantling calculations based on IRS, LRS and GL rules, preparation of detailed structural drawings, load line calculation and calculating hull and machinery rating by Condition Assessment Program (CAP)
Proficiency in programming languages like FORTRAN, PASCAL, Visual Basic 6.0, C
5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
Structural modelling of hull items for “Ship_mate”.
Stability and strength calculations using MaxSurf and HydroMax soft wares
Ship hull modelling using Rhinoceros software.
Preparation of intact and damaged stability booklet. Conversant with regulations like MARPOL, ILLC, SOLAS and IMO requirements
Conversant with IACS Hull survey rules and requirements, familiarity with Classification rules
Calculations for intact and damaged stability. Deterministic and probabilistic approach
Ship repairs - planning, cost estimation, liaison with owners, repairers and classification societies.
Conversant with Moses software and its application in the offshore platform design and analysis.
Familiarity with American Petroleum Institute (API) codes for design and construction of fixed offshore platforms
6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]