|Chief Accountant / Financial Consultant Emirates National Group Abu Dhabi U.A.E.
Resume built for oil and gas job opportunities by a jobseeker with experience in Chief Accountant / Financial Consultant Emirates National Group Abu Dhabi U.A.E. - would you like to offer this candidate a job/contract employment? Please contact us OR search for another relevant oil CV/Resume in our impressive oil industry database
CV/Resume ID no.:
|Location (Residence): Amman, Jordan
|Education & Experience:
||Work Authorization & Relocation:
Vocational in Accountancy
Years of Experience:
|Authorized to work in:
European Union, UK (in particular), United States, Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Andorra, Angola, Anguilla, Antarctica, Antigua & Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Botswana, Bouvet Island, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Central African Rep., Chad, Chile, China, Christmas Island, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Congo, Dem. Rep., Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cote D'ivoire, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Rep., Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Rep., Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Faroe Islands, Fiji, Finland, France, French Guiana, French Polynesia, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guam, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Islamic Rep. of, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Dem. Rep., Korea, (South), Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lao, Dem. Rep., Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libyan Arab Jama., Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao, Macedonia, FYR, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Martinique, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, Netherlands Antilles, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, Norfolk Island, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Pitcairn, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Reunion, Romania, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Samoa, San Marino, Sao Tome & Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia & Montenegro, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Svalbard, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Syrian Arab Rep., Taiwan, POC, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor (East), Togo, Tokelau, Tonga, Trinidad & Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Virgin Islands, British, Virgin Islands, U.S., Wallis & Futuna, Western Sahara, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
|1. Summary (Cover Letter) - CV/Resume Part 1 [Mandatory]
1) My management expertise is important to top management analysis and reports.
I have also witnessed the procedures of the formation of ventures and investments outside our region that enabled me to go through the segmental reporting, the complexity of inter-company transactions, and how expansion affects management structure and process.
I have contributed successfully to the problems solving, development of the management processes at all my reporting throughout my work journey. I also kept on developing this analytical skill by, business, management consultancy and risk management at all levels.
2) My Audit knowledge I have reported directly to external auditors in some companies while I dealt effectively with top 4 on projects engagements in other companies. I worked closely with senior management, auditing staff and consultants to enhance the control system and year end audit engagement & reports.
I have participated in the audit activities that include risk assessment on many levels and accepted to provide consulting and evaluation about the ongoing operation, processes and procedures.
My membership with institute of internal auditors (IIA) enhanced my auditing resources and tools, due professional care, analysis, observation in conformance with code of ethics and updates. I always stay alert to significant risks that might affect objectives, operation and resources so that I go beyond my primary role.
I have general knowledge of international standards development and application framework with ongoing development to assess and evaluate conformance with definition of internal auditing and standards.
IT Control & system audit: I have a good sufficient professional knowledge about information system control methodologies and IT audit techniques (technology – based audit) and information system control system.
I'm aware of control flow charts, data analysis techniques, parallel simulation and extended records controls. I have good knowledge of regulatory and self assessment audit and quality program assessment framework.
|2. Work Experience - CV/Resume Part 2 [Mandatory]
Freelance Consultant – Finance and accounts - 1/08/2005 to date Dubai and Amman lectures and advisor on Budgeting, financial statements, financial planning and cost control S.O.S.-Consulting and training division-Based in AUH and operating in the gulf area SOS lectures –courses- in UAE for giant organizations in finance, Management, engineering, telecom., petrochemical, oil and gas for local& multinational corporations.
*Reappraising existing systems and procedures in the light of changing times and technology advancement.
*Consulting on Financial, budgeting, proposals, competition, market indicators and feasibility studies (new v.)
*Cost accounting structure design and cost system analysis (Cost of sales actual and standard-budget-) & break even point management support reports and charts, pricing and product mix analysis& contribution.
Identifying the cost system (cost driver, object) and analyzing and development the cost management system.
*Consulting on business analysis and restructuring activities and system-ERP redesign- and development
*Lectures in financial accounting, effective budgeting& cost control, reports writing and preparation:
S.O.S. wanted to start tutorial materials and modules that meet goals of the international standards, and conduct standard performance evaluation develop study materials and training programs, preparing study materials professional reports, I have – in a record time- prepared the study materials and hand outs along with the multinationals financial reports and I included my own researches and studies & case studies.
Achievements: Conducted the courses successfully and lectured delegates from well known financial institutions, financial experts and managers from private & public co. I included CMA review reports and cases, American universities curriculums, cost control analysis case studies, final reports, budgeting examples.
I was able to prepare -start new- course materials and reports to this session subjects to S.O.S. courses.
Chief accountant-Finance manager's role-at Fast Limo (Emirates national group) -Abu Dhabi U.A.E.
(Fast Limo is a profit centre in Emirates national group which is based in Abu Dhabi)
Reporting to Group GM & group financial controller –Functionally- General Manager –Administratively- for:
Provide a comprehensive feed back report, and a short term plan on the following issues:
System installation, financial statements preparation, Management accounting system , software status and redesign, applications audit trail, accounting functions, staff performance reevaluation, policies and procedures recommendations, coordination and communication, filing system and internal control system.
Achievements: *Strategic plan was laid down, discussed and approved from the senior management of Fast Limo and the group general manager about the restructuring plan and the obstacles and the system set up and conversion the governance shortcomings, I have specified –stated- my role in each stage, the results expected for each stage and the time, management actions and effort for the strategic change – action plan- proposed
*Training alternatives plan mapped and put for practice for the accounting and the operation auditing staff.
*The preparation and set up of cost per Kilo meter structure and related reports and analysis.
Accounts assistant-Oil sales and purchases section-EMARAT Petroleum 19/10/99 to 03/07/2005 U.A.E.
(EMARAT is an ISO 9001 certified leading large federal government corporation which was granted the Dubai Quality Award on 1998 and it has got many joint ventures with international companies such as: Exxon mobile, BP Middle East, MIDTAB, WAG and Middle East Lubricants, Emarat employees exceeds 3000 operating regionally
Reporting to financial controller and finance manager
Using Oracle –ERP- version 10i and release 11i in the cost accounting for sales and purchases section (later transformed to smaller logical sections based on the information system redesign and development project for Oracle applications & in- house applications.
1) Management accounts payable accounts with a daily volume of AED 70 to AED 80 millions of transactions value the purchases of the main product and the analysis and recording of cost of sales associated by performing the full cycle from PO-reconciliation.
2) Managed part of accounts receivables for billing cycle process and worked directly with the managers of: credit cards, retail and government Depts. for handling VIP accounts, unique and special transactions , shared GL responsibilities, reconciling accounts receivables balances with customers posting& ad hoc reports.
3) Preparing Statement of Cash and bank correspondences for purchases of main products & remittances
4) Reconcile statements of suppliers, receiving and sending regular statements and follow up for payments.
5) Recording and reconciling Market share accounts level, sophisticated discounts cycle, detailed shared system reports requested by auditors inter company accounting and reconciliations regularly.
6) Managing credit card posting and reconciliations, billing process and doing special VIP accounts.
7) Attending the end of the year stock taking with the legal committee, auditor and managers
8) Customized, developed important Oracle reports with senior IT department senior staff.
9) Rectified issues to streamline workflow, adjusted system set up to improve efficiency.
10) Training and supervision of national students and new employees successfully to all levels
11) Inventory process liquid measurement to maintain control over cost of product and cost accounting
12) Worked as requested with three levels of control: internal, external and state-Federal-Auditors.
13) Participated in the cycle of the cost of product and related Oracle reports of the cost of sales.
14) Participated in the financial reports preparation for management and special committees
15) Participated and performed in Ad hoc queries and financial briefed reports.
16) Assisted directors and senior management in the system design for billing and exchange electronic data and reports and the re design of the processes and procedures related.
17) Participated in the information system upgrade and redesign –conversion-, system implementation project of the software life cycle approach (conversion) pilot method.
Achievements: * Resolved obstacles, disagreements, problems and overcome disputes assigned to me.
* Participated effectively in the design of the accounts processes, procedures and policies manual.
* Participated in the training, assisting and supervision of national students and new employees.
* Selected to implement and run a full ERP system and set up of a new accounting dept. for joint venture.-
* Recommended from top management as a financial controller to the new joint venture twice.
*I have witnessed all the details of the installation and execution of the balanced score card system.
I was a member of the balance score card long time before EMARAT adopts it and implement it.
*Modern management techniques and control system, latest technology before leading industries in the Region.
*Profound experience in accounting for liquid cost of product and related standardized and customized reports
Accountant at E.L.S. Language Centers 22/05/99 to 18/10/99 Abu Dhabi –U.A.E.
(franchisee of the institute American ELS, it is America’s leader in English language instruction which has conducted training for 36 years to over 1 million students with 26 centers throughout USA and 50 schools around the world.)
Reporting to managing and centre director,
1) Performing Daily accounting responsibilities and functions up to year end finalization.
2) System development and maintenance and custody of the assets and study materials inventory and purchases- imports- and the related analysis and reports.
3) Problem solving and attention directing role by working closely with senior management
4) Bank reconciliation, assets verification regularly and keeping control over students system
5) Handling study materials import procedures from US , the inventory management, records& custody
6) Coordinating between students, management, instructors and solving daily issues and challenges.
7) Analysis, studies, reports and observations to support management decisions and add insights.
8) Assisted new lecturers, academic staff in performing their tasks and understanding the environment.
Achievements: reporting on many levels and performing teaching and session analysis and performing multitasks beyond system and accounting with group head office senior financial managers
Accountant at Modern Montessori school 09/03/96 to 01/06/98 Amman Jordan
(IB& IGCSE- Leading British franchisee -school which is teaching children of Jordanian families)
Reporting to finance manager and the principal and performing some major duties such as:
1) Responsible for the accounting and finance reports and transactions: Cash disbursements and cash receipts, bank deposits, bank correspondences, GL recording and posting.
2) Co-coordinating and communicating with parents and teachers on many levels about student matters, tuition fees analysis, issues related to the development, resolve problems and explain unclear issues.
3) Liaising with managers in administration, department heads, and principal.
4) Reconciling and reporting to tax authorities, social security, and other departments.
Achievements: * Concrete knowledge of the audit and the full cycle of accounting processes and obstacles, cost accounting standards, cost of class and cost of student analysis and internal control system.
* Participated and arranged effectively in social, sports and entertainment activities and events.
* Performing the purchasing role successfully and practiced new accounting functions, dealt with suppliers for best deals and bargain while reported directly to the finance manager.
Accountant Golden group for electrical industries 10/1995 to 03/1996 Amman Jordan
The factory for electrical industries and the owner is the inventor for special products
Responsible for most of the accounting and purchasing activities and internal control procedures and with reporting to the external auditors directly participated in Setting a plan to establish the accounting and book keeping records and assign the duties, responsibilities. Provided efficient system set up with the help of the external auditors to establish and test the internal control system that suits business model and needs.
1) Account the daily transactions and posting them accordingly in a manual system.
2) Kept the internal control system, policies up to the reports design and finalization.
3) Financial reports preparation and system development.
4) Reporting on cost accounting and inventory taking and control processes.
5) Provided feed back on Cost accounting, financial accounting and system development for the owner.
Achievements: Internal control and problem solving experience and concrete knowledge of manual systems.
I'm searching and modifying my knowledge and experience across the internet and professional updates.
I have done an initial study recently about a project that could boost the future of the UAE work force.
I have done feasibility studies personally in addition to business and investment recommendations.
I'm developing advanced strategies in financial management, system procedures and ERP controls.
I'm vigorously applying new accounting standards and updates to financial statements and reports.
I'm highly committed to professional code of ethical conduct and international rules & standards.
|3. Education & Training - CV/Resume Part 3 [Mandatory]
Driving license: valid UAE, Jordanian and Intl Languages: Bilingual Arabic/English. Age: 35 years.
Member On line The international financial reporting standards –IFRS-.
Member on line The balanced score card collaborative – BSC-
Preparing for Certified management accountant certificate-ICMA New jersey USA (2009)
While using the professional course -the CMA - Text books in preparing part of my lectures
|4. Computer Skills - CV/Resume Part 4 [Mandatory]
3) My ERP –Oracle- 6 years and the project of shifting from Oracle 10 releases to 11i , the ideas and suggestions, the obstacles and problems and the solutions related and that boosted my experience in system implementation and design by improving core modules with their built in functions and understanding how the system had integrated with our operation. the common database broadened my horizon much beyond my duties scope by keeping track of the audit trail between modules and understanding how the system structure were extended by Linking it with other programs in mapping, uploading and importing metadata.
My system progress developing daily by applying my oracle reporting knowledge to different real industries and goal settings for reporting needs that necessitates unique customization of dimensions and presentation to the complexity level of corporations.
|5. Other Skills - CV/Resume Part 5 [Optional]
4) My accounting analytical progress is based on technical studies for financial and non financial indicators for recording real transactions that represent actual economic activity.
I'm developing in cost research anew method of costing system other than GAAP.
The online community about IFRS/IAS and Auditing IS MY LATEST ACTIVITY
I'm aware of the business appraisal, feasibility studies and break even analysis
5) My Economics development is continuously improving by applying the financial economics to the accounting and finance theories, I have done researches macro level.
6) International financial standards IFRS and American GAAP principles:
I've worked for international and well known international companies applying the international accounting standards and code of ethical conduct for practitioners of the accounting and management profession I'm developing my IFRS knowledge recently, an I'm contributing to IFRS members on new standards issues and discussions on systems.
|6. Additional Information - CV/Resume Part 6 [Optional]
|) Training (Information system)
Ideal accountant Program Ideal Soft (1995)
Excel 4 and excel 5 MCSC (1996)
Dac easy ELS (1999)
PDI & Lotus Notes, Widows operating systems from 95 TO XP & 2003
Oracle 10&11i EMARAT (1999 to 2009)
Information system-audit- Self tutorial on going
Information technology Control self study on going
In-house- applications & modules EMARAT (1999To2005)
Internet research & Power point preparation and presentations for my lectures (2006 to date)