In this “boutique” type offshore/ oil & gas engineering firm you will have the opportunity to experience big company expertise packed into a small-company culture. There are many opportunities to grow professionally, learn new skills, and acquire knowledge. In this position you will be based in Houston, TX, and will be responsible for the hands on project management of offshore facilities and pipeline projects including MOPU installation, FPSO design and modification, platform removal, LNG terminal design/ installation, etc. Responsibilities will include:
* Defining requirements for new and brownfield projects for offshore production facilities
* Overseeing design and technical supervision of the design, engineering, construction and implementation activities associated with the entire project. This will include coordination, hands on management, oversight and communication with the client, the construction team, 3rd party vendors, internal company design and drafting teams, and internal management and executive teams
* Work closely with the client to discover new opportunities to add value through implementation of additional technology and systems to enhance operational effectiveness of the project and to ensure excellent safety and operational standards.
* 4 year college degree required. Bachelors in mechanical engineering or structural engineering
* 10 + years work experience; 5 + years in related project engineering activities
* Senior project management experience with a hands on background
* Account management experience a plus
* Self motivated with ability to work independently without close supervision
* Prior upstream experience is required
* Prior experience working in a an engineering office environment a plus
* Prior operating experience a plus
* Prior experience with offshore marine construction; familiar with fabrication and installation of equipment, platform and pipelines
* Knowledge of processes from drawings and specifications through completed construction
* Prior responsibilities include project controls and scheduling
* Familiar with ASME and API codes
* Prior experience with platform abandonments, pipeline abandonments and platform removals a plus
* Prior project organization and management experience required with experience preparing schedules, cost reporting, status tracking, and management reporting
* Prior experience generating job proposals, developing engineering budgets, developing installed cost estimates, working with multidiscipline design team, preparing weekly project status reports, updating biweekly backlog reports, and managing project requirements.
* Possess a good understanding of industry design practices; project planning and cost control requirements and procurement procedures.
* Prior experience in an engineering office environment
* Excellent communication, writing and organizational skills.
* Prior experience working on with offshore pipeline projects from the permitting and design phases through the commissioning phase. Overseas experience would be beneficial.
* Prior pipeline-permitting experience, installation and construction experience, and shallow water Gulf of Mexico experience.
* Ability to develop and foster a good working relationship with current and future customers.
Additional desired qualifications:
* PE certification a plus
* Affiliation with ASME and API a plus
* Spanish a plus
Notes: 1. "Work Permit Requirements" indicates the country/countries whose nationals or citizens are eligible to apply for the job posting; it also means that if you hold a valid work permit for that particular country, you are eligible to apply even if you are a foreigner. 2. If "ANY" appears, all nationals or citizens of all countries (without restrictions) are eligible to apply.