In this “boutique” type offshore/ oil & gas engineering firm you will have the opportunity to experience big company expertise packed into a small-company culture. There are many opportunities to grow professionally, learn new skills, and acquire knowledge. In this position you will provide design/ specification work on oil & gas production support equipment including piping, pumps, separators, compressors, and surface safety systems.
To be considered you need:
* Minimum ten years experience as a facility or mechanical engineer in oil & gas field production design.
* BS engineering degree or equivalent
* Previous offshore facility design experience is required
* Must be able to read, understand and develop Piping & Instrument Diagrams (P&IDs)
* Must be able to read and understand Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs) for upstream (oil field) process design.
* Must be able to read, understand, and comply with Piping Specifications and API RP 14E.
* Must be able to develop Request for Quote (RFQ) packages for equipment purchase.
* Must be able to read and comply with project equipment specifications
* Must understand the basic equipment operating principles for separators, pumps and compressors
* Must be familiar with API RP 14C, Recommended Practice for Analysis, Design, Installation and Testing of Basic Surface Safety Systems for Offshore Production Platforms.
* Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
* Must be able to communicate effectively with peers and other team members
Job Start Date:
Engineering - Facilities Engineering - Mechanical
Offshore, United States
140000 USD per Year
Job Advertised on:
23 Nov 2011
Job Advertisement Expires on:
23 Feb 2012
Oil Offshore Marine Reference:
Work Permit Requirements:
Notes: 1. "Work Permit Requirements" indicates the country/countries whose nationals or citizens are eligible to apply for the job posting; it also means that if you hold a valid work permit for that particular country, you are eligible to apply even if you are a foreigner. 2. If "ANY" appears, all nationals or citizens of all countries (without restrictions) are eligible to apply.