In this “boutique” type offshore/ oil & gas engineering firm you will have the opportunity to experience big company expertise packed into a small-company culture. There are many opportunities to grow professionally, learn new skills, and acquire knowledge. In this position you will be based in Houston, TX, and be responsible for on and offshore design of oil production facilities and gas separation equipment.
* Design of offshore jackets and decks
* Load out analysis
* Lifting analysis
* Development of inspection plans
* Design of repair and remediation solutions for existing facilities
* Review of soils analysis and design basis
* Development of various foundation designs
* Possibly some steel structural work for SKID frames
Travel: up to 10%
To be considered you need:
* 20+ years experience.
* BS in Structural Engineering, BS in Civil Engineering, or equivalent
* A Professional Engineering (P.E.) License is preferred for this position.
* Specific experience with analysis and design of offshore oil and gas production platforms a must.
* Seismic analysis experience is a plus.
* Proficient using SACS software for offshore structures a plus
* Must be experienced in offshore structural steel design
* Must be experienced in concrete foundation design
Skills, abilities, characteristics and expectations required for this position:
* Ability to work well independently and effectively with others in a team setting
* Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
* Must be able to communicate effectively with peers, other team members and clients
* Ability to understand client Civil/Structural Standards and expectations
* Ability to ensure client’s compliance expectations
Job Start Date:
Engineering - Structural
Offshore, United States
180000 USD per Year
Job Advertised on:
14 Nov 2011
Job Advertisement Expires on:
14 Feb 2012
Oil Offshore Marine Reference:
Work Permit Requirements:
Notes: 1. "Work Permit Requirements" indicates the country/countries whose nationals or citizens are eligible to apply for the job posting; it also means that if you hold a valid work permit for that particular country, you are eligible to apply even if you are a foreigner. 2. If "ANY" appears, all nationals or citizens of all countries (without restrictions) are eligible to apply.