In this very unique offshore service and engineering company you will be responsible for client relations, sales campaigns, and contract negotiations in the area of heavy lift projects. You will become familiar with key client decision makers, stay abreast of client organizational changes, and understand the business development opportunities with existing and potential clients.
You will have responsibility for sales and marketing of the Company's engineering capabilities to owners, drilling contractors and others that require engineering and design expertise on deepwater fixed structures, floating system design, and offshore installation. Specifically you will:
* Develop, prepare, and implement short and long term plans ensuring compliance to corporate objectives. Recommend and present these plans to sales and senior management as required.
* Work closely with sales management and other departments ensuring maximum exposure of the Company's capabilities and presentation of those capabilities when appropriate.
* Provide timely and accurate reports on business opportunities and customer activities. Analyze each opportunity and provide feedback to management.
* Attend and effectively represent the Company at trade organization functions.
* Keep management informed of conditions, activities, and trends including customer or prospect changes, technical developments, and competitive strategies.
To be considered you need:
* An undergraduate degree in engineering or a related discipline. Marine Transportation, Mechanical or Civil Engineering is highly desirable.
* Offshore oil & gas service/ sales is a MUST. You need a track record as a proven sales professional with a minimum of 5-10 years experience selling products or services to the offshore oil and gas industry. Specific experience and contacts with the oil and gas owners and drilling contractors is highly desired, and a technical understanding of offshore fixed and floating structures is a plus.
* Must be well organized and have a high energy level. Must be a perceptive self starter who can implement effective sales and marketing programs and make adjustments for industry trends, market swings and competitor activities. The successful candidate will be innovative and have the ability to perceive business opportunities and work closely with Company management in developing and executing strategies which capitalize on these opportunities.
* Must possess a professional demeanor and excellent oral and written communication skills. You will be the type of individual who can interact effectively both professionally and socially, with people at all levels. This individual must exhibit conduct which will reflect favorably upon the Company, enhance its reputation and promote good will. You should have a reputation for integrity, maturity, and sound business judgment.
In summary, you must be a proven offshore oil & gas services sales professional who can implement strategic marketing plans and successfully bring target projects to closure.
Excellent compensation includes a base salary to around $110k plus a bonus + car allowance. You will be part of a small office, but backed by a large multinational company. Travel will be around 30%.
Must have the legal right to work indefinitely in the United States.
Our client has not budgeted for relocation so will consider Houston area candidates only.
Job Start Date:
Sales/Marketing - Technical Sales
English United States
Houston, United States
110000 USD per Year
Job Advertised on:
6 Dec 2011
Job Advertisement Expires on:
6 Mar 2012
Oil Offshore Marine Reference:
Work Permit Requirements:
Notes: 1. "Work Permit Requirements" indicates the country/countries whose nationals or citizens are eligible to apply for the job posting; it also means that if you hold a valid work permit for that particular country, you are eligible to apply even if you are a foreigner. 2. If "ANY" appears, all nationals or citizens of all countries (without restrictions) are eligible to apply.