RESPONSIBILITY AND DUTIES:
• Oversee civil/structural related construction activities (excavation, paving, etc.) performed by the Contractor or sub-contractors in assigned coverage area.
• Read and understand project design drawings and documents in order to obtain specific knowledge of project work scope.
• Ensure that all required civil/structural related inspections are performed properly.
• Maintain daily log of activities.
• Facilitate communication of civil related project execution issues the Project Team.
• Communicate with the Contractor and sub-contractors to ensure that the work is executed in accordance with project specifications, Company standards, and regulatory requirements.
• Identify and assess deviations to Contract Technical Specifications and regulatory requirements; ensure that such deviations will be processed according to project procedures, maintain Deviation Control Log.
• Assist in stewarding civil/structural queries from the Contractor and sub-contractors as well as technical information requests.
• Keep Project Team informed of civil/structural progress, deviations, and execution concerns.
• Provide input on contractor performance such as worker capabilities, training, qualifications, and staffing levels.
• Assist the Project Team in obtaining civil/structural related contract documents, including those referred to in the job specification.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCES:
• Broad and extensive knowledge of:
- Industry design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria.
- Onshore pipeline and valve station design, construction, and operations.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in engineering.
• 10+ years of closely related professional experience, 5+ years inspecting civil/structural works.
• Strong organizational, management, and technical judgment skills.
• Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs, Lotus Notes, etc.
• Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as it applies to technical and business communications.
Notes: 1. "Work Permit Requirements" indicates the country/countries whose nationals or citizens are eligible to apply for the job posting; it also means that if you hold a valid work permit for that particular country, you are eligible to apply even if you are a foreigner. 2. If "ANY" appears, all nationals or citizens of all countries (without restrictions) are eligible to apply.