The Shell group is exploring ways to reduce costs for both Capital Projects and run and maintain operations and one of the key strategies to achieve this is to move our Contracting and Procurement performance to top quartile. An important lever for C&P is to accelerate and grow sourcing from Emerging Countries.
China growth from $1.0bln p.a. to $2.0 bln p.a.
Develop a pipeline opportunities of PVFF (Piping,Valve,Flange,Fitting) and IAE (Instrument,Automation,Electrical) China sourcing.
Responsibility to create significantly additional value to Shell from enhanced use of suppliers in country.
Extensive working with complex web of internal and external stakeholders,managing multiple suppliers in a challenging business environment.
1) Target and drive cost reductions in third party spend by increasing low cost country share of spend of PVFF (Piping,Valve,Flange,Fitting) and IAE (Instrument,Automation,Electrical).
2) Focus on specific categories and supply markets to identify,target and technically qualify new and potentially large spend suppliers
3) Engage internally with Business,Project and CP leaders to create internal demand for low cost country sourcing and newly qualified suppliers. Challenge and shape category plans of Category Managers and contracting and procurement strategies of Capital Projectss to ensure that strategies make best possible use of low cost country sourcing opportunities.
5) Support technical/quality specialist in ensuring Quality,technical specifications,HSE meets Shell specifications and requirements. Provide technical and language assistance as required to create and close deals.
6) Expand sourcing of PVFF (Piping,Valve,Flange,Fitting) and IAE (Instrument,Automation,Electrical) in country
7) Contract and Supplier Relationship Management of suppliers
8) Contribute to the team delivery of growth in low cost country spend. Provide functional support to CP team within country
Experience in various businesses including project management and CP are key success requirements for this role
Proven experience in supplier qualification is an advantage.
Cultural sensitivity and ability to work and speak the language of the country
Diplomacy, balanced approach to resolving conflict.
Collaborative spirit, and value-based orientation, as opposed to relying purely on mandate.
Heavy experience in managing through influence.
Networking and influencing with all CP category managers, businesses, regions and projects.
Obtaining timely P&T technical qualification to meet demand schedules of the businesses - having to act on forward looking view of demand with no assurance of commitment.
Working in diverse cultures - commercial, business ethics and customs, languages, - and levels of technical and safety management proficiency
Creating new means of trading - mostly creating new vendor relationships often in new locations
Support to technical and quality requirements, HSE and SGBP compliance when sourcing from the country.
As a member of the CP CSO Team ensure CP functional delivery to Top Quartile
Ability to inspire and influence a web of internal and external stakeholders, beyond direct reporting line and immediate sphere of influence.
Notes: 1. "Work Permit Requirements" indicates the country/countries whose nationals or citizens are eligible to apply for the job posting; it also means that if you hold a valid work permit for that particular country, you are eligible to apply even if you are a foreigner. 2. If "ANY" appears, all nationals or citizens of all countries (without restrictions) are eligible to apply.