* Develop electrical safety, protection and safeguarding philosophies.
* Site technical specialist providing advice, leadership, auditing and design control of electrical activities to all departments.
* Responsible for the review and approval of electrical activities for assigned work area
* Conduct or lead failure analysis and causal investigation of electrical failures or incidents.
* Authorize plant changes within the electrical discipline and contributes to, reviews & approves electrical content of plant changes by other disciplines.
* Authorize electrical installations by the Projects Group.
* Provide leadership and training for maintenance personnel in the electrical discipline.
* Lead electrical equipment upgrade and replacement planning.
* Manage the turnaround electrical plan and work list, and oversees implementation of electrical work during turnarounds.
* Take on any other initiatives as deemed necessary by management from time to time.
* Work collaboratively and seamlessly with production teams and wider organization stakeholders.
* Key challenges of this position include understanding the application of power systems for a multitude of operations with a diverse group of people not only in facility operations, but business managers, project managers and procurement; and being able to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
* This position will work closely within a team of two electrical engineers and two electrical specialists in the department. The Electrical Engineering department is part of the Mechanical and Electrical department at Motiva Convent.
* Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering.
* Minimum three (3) years of electrical design and engineering, preferably in a refinery or large industrial facility.
* Maintenance or operations experience, preferably in chemical or petroleum refineries.
* Proven experience in troubleshooting, analyzing and resolving complex electrical problems.
* Experience with design, specification, and procuring of electrical equipment and systems.
* Experience with application and understanding of relevant standards: IEEE; API; NEMA, NFPA, NEC.
* Knowledge of HV substation and HV transmission design and operation.
* Ability to work effectively within a multi-discipline team environment consisting of Engineering, Projects, Maintenance, and Operations in order to manage the execution of the detailed electrical engineering design work and troubleshooting.
* ‘Safety-by-Design’ experience in the petroleum refining industries, particularly as it relates to arc flash hazard mitigation and hazardous area classification is preferred.
Job Start Date:
Engineering - Electrical
English United States
Convent, United States
To Be Completed - To Be Arranged/Announced
Job Advertised on:
4 Jul 2012
Job Advertisement Expires on:
4 Oct 2012
Oil Offshore Marine Reference:
Work Permit Requirements:
Notes: 1. "Work Permit Requirements" indicates the country/countries whose nationals or citizens are eligible to apply for the job posting; it also means that if you hold a valid work permit for that particular country, you are eligible to apply even if you are a foreigner. 2. If "ANY" appears, all nationals or citizens of all countries (without restrictions) are eligible to apply.