To provide maritime expertise and ensure that maritime operations are conducted in accordance with the Group requirements for Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (HSSE) standards. To protect the Group's reputation as well as optimising commercial performance in support of the relevant businesses within the East Asia cluster (Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam), Manufacturing and other PSPC businesses with Maritime interface.
As Marine Technical Advisor, the incumbent will assist with the delivery of following key assurance processes and services:
1. Conduct or facilitate assessments for all businesses in scope and enter results in BCAS (Baseline Criteria Assessment System). Maintain all terminal data within sphere of responsibility up to date in BCAS and follow-up on all findings following inspection.
2. Support the Maritime Manager in maintaining the Coastal shipping and Barge Risk Assessment [CoBRA] database for Shell businesses in the cluster.
3. Conduct or facilitate the inspection and rating of coastal vessels & barges for use within the cluster.
4. Oversee contractor Management in-line with CP, C&N and HSSE requirements for any contracted vessel inspectors.
5. Assist the HSSE focal points of all businesses in scope in the development and annual review of the maritime HEMP ensuring that controls and risk responses identified are appropriately managed to ALARP.
6. Provide maritime advice and support to businesses as required by the Marine Manager as applicable in respect of:
a. Liaising with Port Authorities and other maritime stakeholders
b. Port and ship/shore compatibility information.
c. Shore Officer training at ship/shore interface
d. Ship Quality Assurance
e. Technical advice on chartering and contracts
f. Emergency/Crisis/Oil spill Response
g. Management & mitigation of maritime HSE risks
h. Cargo quantity and quality
i. Demurrage and other claims
7. Provide support to the businesses in the HSSE management of Ship Operators - conduct Ship Operator Management Reviews in accordance with Ship Quality Assurance Standard.
8. Provide technical support to the businesses in vessel owner contract management process including taking part in business performance ship owner reviews (nominally bi-annual).
9. Support all businesses in the implementation of the Maritime Process Model, completion of the Self Assessment, compliance with the Transport Manual - Maritime Safety process.
10. Assist with the contractual performance of shipping service providers.
11. Provide support to the businesses in the investigation and follow-up of maritime incidents.
12. Promote relationships with relevant regional and national authorities.
13. Provide training in relation to maritime activities (ship/shore activities)
14. Provide support to the businesses in scope on the application and implementation of applicable downstream global maritime processes
• Qualifications: First Class (Deck/Engine) Certificate of Competency and Petroleum Dangerous Cargo endorsement. (Gas and/or Chemical endorsement would be an advantage but not essential).
• Senior Marine Officer with experience on Domestic or Deep Sea tankers.
• SIRE accreditation and/or previous shore experience would be an advantage but not essential to the role.
• Attributes: Self-Motivated, mature professional with ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to analyse and develop proposals and solutions to a wide range of technical and operational issues.
• Good communication skills with proven ability to work independently and as a team member.
• The ability to be pro-active and influence others to produce results and demonstrate the ability to work successfully with internal and external stakeholders.
Job Start Date:
Marine (Ship) - Officer
Job Advertised on:
18 Jul 2013
Job Advertisement Expires on:
18 Oct 2013
IES - Oil and Gas
Oil Offshore Marine Reference:
Work Permit Requirements:
Notes: 1. "Work Permit Requirements" indicates the country/countries whose nationals or citizens are eligible to apply for the job posting; it also means that if you hold a valid work permit for that particular country, you are eligible to apply even if you are a foreigner. 2. If "ANY" appears, all nationals or citizens of all countries (without restrictions) are eligible to apply.